What's wrong with black pride?? What does that mean to you....?

Does being proud make you racists?? Is it such a foreign concept that blacks are actually content with being black?? I know there are at least 50% self hating ones, but come on!! What's your take???

Favorite Answer

My Take is that ultimately everyone....and I mean everyone should be proud for who they are ...black white asian indian mixed ..whatever you were born as but that includes being respectful of all of those other people too! Oh, and respecting their differences no matter what they may be! I can't stand haters!

True story!

Theologically, there is no difference in the "races." The Bible does not address people by their race, it's a man made concept.

I'm not proselytizing, you are free to believe any religion you want. My point is that I think that people are proud of the culture of their ancestors. Not "I"m proud that my skin is xyz color" not "I'm proud to be a RACE" but "The culture of my ancestors means a lot to me."

I'm not proud or not proud of being white because there's no difference in the races. However, I truly believe that our cultural heritage is something that should be celebrated. People say, "America is a melting pot, blah blah blah," but I think that our diversity makes us special. I think that it's a GOOD thing that people of African descent are proud of the African culture. I think that the culture of your ancestors is a part of you... cheesy I know.

I was obsessed with Spanish, and Celtic stuff when I was a tiny, tiny child... I always felt an emotional connection with these cultures and wanted to belong to them. then I found out I had Spanish and Irish ancestry. I don't believe that was a coincidence.

I think it's the same for many people... they identify with their cultural heritage and are proud of what their culture created.

If you're black it's pride.

If you're Mexican it's pride.

If you're Asian it's pride.

If you're white it's racism.

I've never met a black person that wasn't proud of being black, I've never met a self hating one. I don't know where you got the 50% number. I live in a black neighborhood and I'm the only white one there. I don't see it.

don't want,to sound mean hear but black pride lead to Jesse Jackson,and the black panthers

White Pride lead to:RACIAL CLASSIFICATION(race), which lead to RACISM,which lead to 400 years of slavery,kidnappings,death,murder and rape,that lead 100years of depression,those years lead to some hatred of whites, that lead to the kkk, skinheads, and nazis which lead to modern day racism over the internet and in the streets by anybody of every race. So as long as non of this repeats it's self I'm okay, but racial pride is kind of stupid.

I think it's only appropriate to be proud of what you yourself accomplish. Attaching yourself to something because you were born into it is hollow. I am proud of my heritage, but it has nothing to do with me. It means nothing.

i dont think its wrong to be proud of your heritage. but it becomes a problem when you start hating others cause they are not like you and you start thinking you are a superior being.

I'd never want to be anything else but black. God blessed me to be black, so I am going to embrace it.

However, I don't hate whites, but I do hate white racists who are picking on President Obama because he's black.

Blacks are bunch of people on drugs.

Nope, it doesn't mind me. But for some reason whenever I have white pride blacks seem to hate me....

Wild Flower Child. LOL LIAR!!

Why are you mad at your sister for marrying her white fiance and having a baby for them? Oh yeah, you said it was because he was white.

Source(s): Double standards.

race pride is the dumbest thing in the world how are you proud of you skin color 'm proud in what i do not what my skin is