Electric shock off tap?!!?

near enough every time i get a shower in the bathroom, afterwards when i go to turn the tap on i get an eletric shock off it. also if i put my finger under the water i get an eletric shock. i dont understand why, maybe the wires from the eletric are faulty or something? help please!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You should get an electrician to look at this immediately, before you get killed.

    The first part could be a static shock, but I doubt it. The second case is definitely not static.

    This is serious, stay away from any water or water pipes until you can get this fixed.

    .

  • 1 decade ago

    A common practice is to use the water pipes for a ground. I can't quite remember the code that relates to this but having voltage on you ground indicates that there is a fault somewhere in your electrical system. You need to have an electrician look at the wiring because the stray voltage/currents can be very dangerous (yes you can read that as potentially lethal) if not corrected.

    Source(s): I work as an Electrical Designer and am studying to become a PE.
  • el
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    There could be no scent coming from the boiler.Are the gasses being blown back in by using an open window? Room sealed boilers are approved to be put in in a mattress room right here interior the united kingdom.A CO detector additionally should be outfitted interior the room. telephone Transco in case you think of something isn't good.they are going to come out and close the utilising down,your landlord will could desire to act then. uncertain with regards to the marvel from the faucet,it type of feels that there is a few style of earth leakage on the electrics from the boiler. The installer or the producer could come back and examine it out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.