do/did you have braces?

im about to get some in probably a couple months :(

did they hurt?

how long did you have them?

Update:

rick james-my teeth ARE straight!! i just have a new set of molars growing in wrong and ONE tooth sticks out!!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I got them in eight grade. this was in 1990. They where sore at first and it did hurt a small bit when they "tightened" them. Braces have advanced.I think they make "clear" ones now. I had them on for 2 1/2 years. Do not worry. you will be ok and will be happy with the results.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i had braces. i got them took out 2 years ago.

i had them in for 3-4 years. when they are in they hurt a little because you have to get used to them. After a week or two, u will be allright. u have to brush a certain way, eat certain things, and etc, until u get used to the braces. once u get used to the braces u still have to brush a certain way but u can eat anything u want. But things such as apples, hamburgers, etc, u have to eat small pieces of things.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have them. They don't hurt when you put them on at all. When they put the wire on it just feels a little tight. Your mouth is sore a couple days afterwards though but you can take Tylenol and after that, you don't even know that they are there. Don't worry, they're nothing.

Source(s): ♥A word from your special fairy friend♥
  • Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes, I did have them. They do hurt a little until you get used to them, but after that the only bad thing is getting food stuck in them. I had them for about a year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I have had some. Umm? I only had them for like 5 months. But it goes by FAST! No they dont hurt! Really all you do is like feel a little presure and then wola! BRASES! ON YOUR TEETH!!!!!

Source(s): Bye!
  • 1 decade ago

no.

but my sister did.

and they caused her a lot of pain.

she had then for two, and got them off a year early so she didn't have them in her senior picture, and they started to go back to the way they were, but they aren't near as bad as what they were before she got them, but they're not perfectly straight anymore.

• 1 decade ago

yes but i didn't feel much when they were putting it on.but a while later when i was hungry-AUGH! it hurt so bad! >_<

luckily i only had to wear it for less than 2 years

now i have this crappy retainer that i have to wear...oh well...

anyways remember to take care of your teeth =)

Source(s): experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no not really it only hurts when they put the wire on becuase thats when they tight it up and alvil that help.

• 1 decade ago

i had them from august 2006 until december 2008 so yeahhhhh... they pretty much suck. especially when you go get them tightened...haha good luck on eating then

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope

My teeth are too straight

sucka!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.