your opinion on disney animated movies?

think of all the disney animated movies you've ever watched and tell me what you thought of them. did you ever read too much into them, racism, sexism, abuse..? stuff like that?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • henri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i really hate to look too much into disney movies because you have to do that with so many other movies now. i prefer to take them at face value

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This is always a tough question, as I grew up during Disney's 1990s "golden revival." While I actually think all of the Disney movies from 1988-1998 were very well done, I think the best is probably Aladdin. This is not to say that the older Disney movie were inferior, as they certainly were not. Pinnochio, Fantasia, Bambi, and Sleeping Beauty are all amazing movies and were all made before 1960 (I still think the fight against Malifecent in Sleeping Beauty is one of Disney's 3 greatest scenes ever). What makes Aladdin special is that EVERY character is important and has their own distinct personality. Even Abu and the Carpet serve key roles and have very distinct and individual mannerisms. The romance between Aladdin and Jasmine is perhaps the most genuine of any Disney movie and they kind of thrive on romantic couples in their movies. However, perhaps the most distinct characterizations in the movie are the Genie of the Lamp and the Grand Vizier Jafar. Genie's otherwordliness and random goofiness was offset by his lonileness and desire for freedom. This is an amazing contrast that was performed to perfection by Robin Williams. Jafar's utter ruthlessness was completely oblivious to everyone around him because he played the part of the "loyal" Vizier so well, despite the fact that he was plotting to overthrow and destroy the Sultan all along. It is this motley assortment of personalities that makes this movie so special. While you could argue that "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Lion King" features similar character development, Aladdin was the pinnacle of this. Furthermore, it further exemplified the breathtaking artistry that came from combining hand-drawn cells with computer-animated imagery. Where Beauty and the Beast originated this, Aladdin perfected it.

• 1 decade ago

there is a lot of sexual things in these movies... but u have to know about them before you can see them

• 1 decade ago

for a SPLIT second the word 'sex' apears in the clouds in scars lair in lion king

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.