.

Why do animals have to suffer? Is our loving and kindly God testing them too?

Yes, Riddle, I know. Did you spot my avatar by any chance? Jeez.

"The only times animals suffer is when humans make them suffer." Gosh, is all I can say to that.

Favorite Answer

Right on the money Ms.

This is a great question!

Why did God drown the animals too, in respect to the great Flood?

What sin did they commit?

If suffering is a lesson, a test, a tool, or part of the plan for man, what the hell is it for animals.

The wages of sin are death, but how can an animal sin?

To be perfectly honest, i generally despise the way that most faiths view animals, as walking meat. The no soul thing really tickles me. My whole life Catholic before i started thinking for myself and not so much as a word from the pulpit about respect or kindness to animals. Isn't this just a more abstract form of racism?

My money is on this. many years from now, the God of the Bible will evolve into having always desired animal rights, through interpretation. We just were reading the text wrong. I would bet a years salary on it.

No, they suffer due to our actions...Not God's.

My pup died a month ago, she was run clean over by a car. I watched it happen and she died in my lap..I'm positive I'll see her again..I don't blame God and I don't blame the guy that hit her, she was an excited pup, and we were just all there at the wrong time. God can restore life..Not just human life.

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Christ said in that day, the lion will lie down with the sheep...Animals will be there too, uncorruptable...I believe Christ's word.

The only times animals suffer is when humans make them suffer.

• Mads

No of course.

Our loving and kindly God was not testing them. Torturing and killing animals is forbidden. Animals have to suffer. because we human being do not obey what God has said.

Source(s): holy scripts

Rom 8: 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

• Karl

Most do not, or it is because of us they do. God would not let them suffer unless it affected our free will to do so. If i want to torture an animal God could do nothing against my will. But if it were dying naturally he can take the pain before they actually die.

As far as pets, we probably will them to live longer for us. We should let them go when we see them suffer but we usually do not. This goes for our grandparents too. We will them here for us, not thinking of them and the peace they will know when gone from here. No more pain or tears ever, yet we want them here cause it hurts us for them to go.

take care.

because they are part of the circle of life. I don't think God is testing them, but suffering sometimes is a form of creation or elevation.

I do hope that there is room in heaven for animals too.

• mark h

All in all I think animals suffer mostly because none of us care enough to do anything about it.

God created the earth, the animal, us and gave us dominion over the earth and the animals, and now your upset because you don't think God is carrying His share of the load.

Thats rich. Let me know when you finish creating your universe, I would like to see if you can do better.

Hope that helps.

• MK6

Animals suffer all the time.

That's the nature of living and dying.

Only in people can we use the phrase "What doesn't kill us, - makes us stronger".

You should know suffering is a part of life. But God?