is it right for your mom to ground you from something youve been lookin forward to over playing video games?

basically i was gonna go to something ive been looking forward to for like a week cause i couldn't go 2 weeks ago. so she sais i can go tonight but then she comes home early and im playing my xbox on a day im not aloud. it that necessary. even after i said she can keep my xbox for a whole month??? my mom pisses me off alot

The whole idea of grounding is to take something away that you like to teach you a lesson in the hope that one day you will turn out to be a decent human being that knows there are boundaries in life and when they are crossed there are consequences , so i think your mum has the concept and is doing it right. If your going to be pissed off with anyone it should be you , you knew the rules and didn't do the right thing so you really took it away from yourself . Next time think before you act.

Actions have consequences!

You knew what you were doing was wrong and you did it anyway. Therefore, you get punished. What would be the point of making rules if there were no punishments. Maybe you will actually pay attention to the rules in the future.

My 16 year old stepson tries to do the same thing when he is over visiting.

I do let him chose what to take away from him, such as Ipod, ps3,tv,radio, or time with friends.but when I take it away he has no right going behind my back and sneaking to play it.

What values are we teaching him if we let him get away with it?

I do one better, when I take it away, it gets boxed up and put away so he can't get it.

• CoeyG

If I were your mom I'd take the Xbox down to the local Salvation army...just to piss you off more.

• kim h

Yes it is right. You cannot pick and choose your punishments. If you did what you are not suppose to do then you can't be allowed to do what you want to do.

• ann s

that's the purpose of a punishment, learn and don't do it again

rules are rules, the jails are full of people who didn't learn

• ya dig

hahaha banned from xbox