Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever gotten this feeling when you were half asleep?

have you ever gotten the feeling like you're paralyzed? it happens to me sometimes when i'm in bed and i'm sort of asleep i feel like i can't move. once it happened when i was lying facedown and i thought i was gonna suffocate, but usually it only lasts like 3 seconds.

also have you ever been asleep and felt like you were falling but then you wake up and realize you're not? this also happens to me and when i wake up i'm like clinging on to my bed.

so is this normal? do you guys get this, or is it just me?

• Favorite Answer

yes, on both accounts. i love the adrenalin rush that comes with the feeling of falling

• Me

The first has never happened to me but that second thing has! Every now and then. It's so weird. I feel like the room just shifted sideways or like I just fell off a step. Always when I'm half asleep.

Funny story. My friend fell asleep in class and it happened to her and she did this huge twitch thing. Everyone thought it was hilarious. Haha! :)

• Cheryl

I used to have that... both the paralyzed feeling and the falling... are you really worried about something... I was but now that my life is pretty much on an even keel, I rarely have those dreams/feelings anymore.... Hope this helps.

The first part sounds a little like sleep apnea. My dad used to have it and he said he'd feel like he was paralyzed sometimes.

But oh gosh I get the second one ALL the time! It freaks the heck out of me!

"also have you ever been asleep and felt like you were falling but then you wake up and realize you're not? this also happens to me and when i wake up i'm like clinging on to my bed."

ALWAYS!!!

Well not always, but yeah. I think I'm walking but I fumble. Why is it so startling?

• Nina

I have it all the time. It's called Sleep Paralysis. Generally occurs when you fall asleep with the TV on or you sleep out of your daily routine

Girl This Happens to Manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy People!

Yeah. Then like I'll trip or something then jerk awake.

One time I had my laptop on my lap when I fell asleep , I woke up and jerked so hard it went flying up in the air and crashing down on the floor.

Poor laptop. ]:

the falling thing happens to me quite often. ill feel like im falling and falling and im clinging on to my sheets then i realize im really not. i want to know why this happens too...

Stress, I believe, is linked to sleep paralysis. It's common. If it's bothering you - try relaxation techniques as you lay down to sleep. For example: Lay down, think of your feet and will them to relax, no tension in them, then move up to your legs, then your hips, then your upper torso, then your neck, your ears, your face and finally your scalp.

Hope this helps. =)