A person needs to have self-respect before they can come into a realtionship..True?

what you think?

I got self-respect. I just find some or most girls to not have self-respect

I wanted people's opinion.

A lot of them swinger girls don't have self-respect...but they not getting into a real relationship...

Favorite Answer

I agree. I haven't been in a relationship for that reason exactly, not till I love myself and think I'm worthy of another will i go for a relationship.

Very true. They also need self love, and their own goals, their own life. You must respect yourself before you can expect respect from others. If not, it's the beginning of codependency. You can find a relationship with someone who doesn't have self respect, however I wouldn't suggest it. In order to have a good relationship both parties must have a similar foundation. They must agree with major topics, have some of the same interest, and morals. I would stay away from the girls who have no self respect. The girls who don't love themselves, will be dependent on you to give them what they miss inside. You'll find someone who is right, it just takes time. Maybe change the location where you look for girls. I'm not saying that church is the answer, however you're odds are at least a little better.

Absolutely true! If you enter a relationship without self-respect, how can you expect to have a healthy, positive, lasting relationship? Why are you asking this? Just wondering. :)

Source(s): Me.

true, i think it applies to girls mainly, no guy wants an insecure girl who they have to continuously keep 'reassuring' they look good. and girls that are always attention seeking have no self respect, they tend to always have short lasting relationships. i think people that pine for their partner after being away from them for like a day is very pathetic and dependant. which i reckon could result from not having much self rescept if u rely on someone so heavily

oh yes completely true because if u don't self respect yourself how do u expect your partner to respect you? i mean it's common sense, for example if your not comfortable with the way u look or have pride in yourself don't expect your boy or girl friend to understand you.

Hey, Honest John! You are absolutely right! It is true. How can you respect someone else if you don't even respect yourself?? It's common sense and it goes hand-in-hand.

Source(s): Personal experience

absolutely true. wish i knew that a year ago when my bf and i started going out....it is so bad now. self respect is really key to a good relationship. that and trust.

u gotta have atleast some, to avoid getting walked all over. if u dont have any self respect, youll just be a doormat to ur partner

• soc

how can you care and love another person if you can't care and love yourself? self- respect is so basic in a relationship.

Define self respect?

How can you have a relationship with somebody else if you can't have one with yourself first ?