Ginny
Ginny asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

How do I determine my due date the most precisely?

I know from surfing the web that the doctors usually determine your due date based on the first day of your last period, but I know the exact date of conception (if I am in fact pregnant - still have to wait to take the test!). Would the estimated due date be exactly nine months from the date of conception, or should I still go off the first day of my last period... in which case, would the estimated due date be exactly nine months from that date?

Favorite Answer

Actually, to get the due date that is most accurate, you should go by the sonogram when you are about 8 weeks pregnant. But since you are not at that point yet, you can count 38 weeks from the day you know you concieved. It is 40 weeks from the first day of your last menstrual period or 38 from the date of conception. Those two dates are unlikely to be too far apart. From my last menstrual period, my due date was 11-11-09, from the date I thought I concieved my due date was 11-10-09. From the sonogram at 8 weeks, my due date is Halloween. The docs say to go off the sonogram, since it measures the baby most accurately.

It would be 40 weeks rather than 9 months. My originaly due date was going by my LMP, but ultrasound confirmed my actualy due date will be 40 weeks from conception.

38 weeks from the date of conception.

its usually 38 weeks from conception but i wouldnt go with that. if you are pregnant i would go by 1st scan as every baby grows differently so you could find your due date is earlier then you think or later then you think depending on how fast baby is growing

Source(s): 27 weeks n 5 days preg wiv lil girl EDD 12/12