What should I say to him in the hospital?

One of my oldest friends has been diagonosed with lukiema so severe he wont be able to go to school for the entire year. I have known him since kindergarten and Im in 10 grade now. there is a fair chance that he will die. What should I say to him.

• Seth C
    Favorite Answer

How about being the one person that doesn't treat him like he is dying? Try just hanging out with him. Before you go, ask yourself how you would want friends to act around you if you were dying.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry this had to happen to your friend. Talk about all the fun things you have done together from kindergarten, all the way through 10th grade. Remember the funny things you've done, the silly things you've done. Remember how much your friendship means to you. I would give him a necklace in memory of how great your friendship is. Talking about all these things will keep him in good spirits. If he were to die (which i'm not saying he will) I would definitely bury him with that necklace. Maybe even buy yourself the same necklace in memory of him. I hope your friend will fight off the leukemia. Always be positive towards him. Don't tell him anything that will bring him down. God bless you and your friend. I have a feeling he will survive :) Good luck :) I can tell you are a good friend :)

One of my friends since 5th grade has been sick and passed away last yr. I am now 23, but I know what ur going through. I use to stop in the hospital and see my buddy. Just dont pity him. Stay positive and happy, pray for him or with him. Supruse him, they get lonely in there and they think ppl forget about them so every day or two, stop by, call, or send a text. Maybe get other friends to go up there and keep them upbeat, thats your responsibility. I hate to hear this, but be positive and pray, God bless you and your friend!!!

Ok, if this is a friend youve know basically your whole life and he has a high chance not to make it, you need to dig a little deeper than random strangers on the internet. ANything we say is not going to mean anything if you just take it from us. You need to think about this as deep as you can and think about what you want him to know. What you want him to remmber while he's not there.

You need to sort that out for yourself. There are no easy answers or magic words in such situations. This is a real test of your maturity and sensitivity.

You just have to go in and tell him you love him and tell him that you will be there for him always. Make sure he knows your there for him! You just have to be a friend and not let this change your relationship. Obviously, thats easier said than done, but you just need to push through!!!!!!!!

• krk

Say some which brings smile in his face always.

Something from the heart.

Not from the internet.

sayy what your heart tells you! what you believe!

"Nice meeting you do you have my bank account?"