HELP - If my virus scan didn't detect anything, does that mean my laptop is safe?

Today I was looking an episode of melrose place and I clicked a link to view a full episode where immediately some kind of spam came onto my computer - this message popped up talking about some offer and I couldn't quit safari or close the window or shut down my laptop without pressing the power button. When I turned it back on, I had a message from my computer saying that the spam sites were trying to connect. The windows came up occasionally after that, although I continued to click 'deny'. I ran a virus scan on my mac and it didn't detect anything, but does that mean my laptop is safe? Should I be logging in to sites with my password?

Favorite Answer

lmao dude did some one nimp you? that sucks but you should be fine just keep scanning if you have to go through all your files and **** and see if you find any thing out of place also maybe you need a better scanner try avg probably the best one out there

Source(s): me

NO Its never safe try scanning every month or week.

Make sure your anivirus virus database is up to date