how long to cook a 11lb roast on low in a crockpot?
- Chetak.Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
It will depend on the cut and how well done you want it.
If it is a bit of tough old beef I would allow 1 hour per lb.
A piece of lamb I would allow about 40-45 per lb.
That is a big chunk of meat, I hope it will fit in the crock-pot.
- Michaelfan58Lv 41 decade ago
8 to 9 hours according to this recipe. Check it out.
Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Submitted By: Brenda Arnold
Photo By: chibi chef
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Hours
Ready In: 8 Hours 10 Minutes
"This simple pot roast makes its own gravy in the slow cooker."
4 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of
2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
2-1/2 cups water
11 pounds pot roast
You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (24). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (12).
1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com
- 1 decade ago
I would cook for about ten hours on low but after five or six raise it to high if still to slow . To be sure use your meat thermometer depends too if fresh or if frozen it may appear thawed but centre stays frozen a long time.
- Angel****1Lv 61 decade ago
11 lbs? Is your crock pot that big????
I cook 5 lbs for 6 hours. If you can fit all 11 lbs in the pot it may need 8 to 10 hours.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Chef CarrollLv 51 decade ago
12 hours on low. Watch whatever liquids you use.