The shout that was heard around the World..You Lie! Was it sparked by racism?

I am still amazed that in this country we actually have a black president....but do you think we are really racially united ? or do we still have a long way to go?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it was sparked by ignorance and the republicans uncanny ability to not think before acting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not racially united?

Go to Australia or Europe, thats NOT racially united, the United States IS the most racially united country, try living in ausfailia/europe for 6 years, then go back to the United States and say its not racially united.

Look im not trying to be mean if thats how i came of :D.

But the united states is the LEAST racist country, in Europe/Australia they would be using racial epitaphs on the USA's great president and laughing.

America doesnt have a long way to go, australia and europe do however.

Source(s): Lived in Ausfailia And Europe.
  • 1 decade ago

Absolutely not. Lets be fair here. Obama did not agree with Bush on the Iraq war but no one is calling him a racist because of his opposition to the white president. At one point or another every president has had accusations made towards him from congressional members but at no other time was it deemed racism even when the other presidents were white and African American congressmen/women were making the accusations. This is very hypocritical.

• 1 decade ago

HR 3200 still does not have language limiting benefits to only citizens and permanent residents. Nor does it have any mechanism that even permits asking an applicant about his right to be here or work in America.

Nancy Pelosi hasn't given up her quest to give more benefits to illegal immigrants, despite what the President asks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

How does race have anything to do with that?? Where is that coming from? Is this the new liberal plan - if you oppose us you are a racist. They assume that nobody wants to be labeled a racist - so they will stop voicing disagreement. Sad....

• 1 decade ago

Are you kidding me? Every time someone disagrees with the president it's because they're racist? Stop playing that card. It's boring. It's old. It's stupid. The president, quite frankly, contradicted himself repeatedly in that speech. He doesn't even understand his own reform. He's blatantly misrepresented it and, quite frankly, deserved to be called a liar. It's about time someone did.

• 1 decade ago

No, it was sparked by the fact that Obama wasn't telling the truth.

• 1 decade ago

No but those who are on the left want everyone to think that it was.

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think it was sparked by lies, myself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Even Obama says it was not racist, so can we please after 5000000 people asking this, can we put it to bed now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.