Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Who is the most Intimidating Team in the NHL?

Remember the old school Flyers where it seemed hitting and fighting was required rather than skating? Are there any teams like that today?

I mean, i'm from NJ, and the Devils aren't really that intimidating, maybe 2 scraps and 1 or 3 big hits a night...I think the Ducks seem pretty scary...whats your opinion? experiences?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Skill also brings intimidation. Take versing Red wings, or Chicago. or any fast puck moving team, that prevents fore checking and pushes a defense back into the zone...Goalies also play a role, like Luongo and Nabokov.

If your talking size than Bruins, Flyers, Ducks, Sharks would be on the the top of the chart.

...Before anyone suggests it, Avery's not Intimidating, he's just a "jackass"(yes I know, I'm stooping to Obama's level)

• 1 decade ago

Id say Detroit. There not a team that will hit you hard and ofter or drop the gloves alot but they have line after line of talent up front, and really good goaltending and D and can still play very physical. That can be more intimidating, especially for younger players. All hockey players are used to being hit and can avoid fights if they can but a really deep, good veteran team can be really intimidating.

• 1 decade ago

The ducks were the most physically intimidating team last year, but they have lost the king of intimidation in Chris Pronger. I'm gonna say the Bruins are equally intimidating physically and skill wise so I say they are the most intimidating.

• 1 decade ago

Philly Flyers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

how about my Buffalo Sabres. all they did all offseason was sign big goons, for a team that has a bunch already.

we have Rivet - big defenseman, with a lot of heart, and drops the gloves when need be

guastad - hard hitter, also drops the gloves from time to time

mair, kaleta

grier is great on the PK

montador adds a whole bunch of grit

cowan - who has a ton of penalty minutes

fear the buffalo bullies this year

• Macs31
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Bruins.

They have always had a tough style and with Chara, Lucic, Thornton, and Bitz they will remain that way. These guys can hit and fight. They are a big team that can hit, score, fight, and shut you out.

• 1 decade ago

i think the bruins and the canadians are the, most intimidating look at chara he is like 7 foot! plus the canadains always have something going on. P.S. the blackhawks are too

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

blackhawks. they got the 3 biggest fighters in the league. burish, byfuglin, and eager. theres tons of scraps every single game.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the swedish meatballs have the dirtiest coach, and with bertussy on the team, I'm sure more players will get run this season.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

the Flyers are if they can`t beat you on the scoreboard they beat you with their sticks

Source(s): Truth hurt Flyer fans?
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.