Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

how to start off an autobiography?

I want to do a hook, i don't want to start off with my name and where i'm from because that's boring and I don't want to start off with something important like my mom dieing because that's not that big of a part of my life that has always affected me, you know? Does anyone know any good hooks? Thanks.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe start with something like an early memory (make it a good one), but write it in the third person, like it was a story. then leave it at an exciting part, and skip back in time to the beginning of your life (and write it in first person - you know, "i did this, i was born here..." etc)?

that would make it more interesting, i think.

• 1 decade ago

The story is about you so think of what form of story you are: novel, horror story, etc. and start it that way. i.e., On a cool December evening a soul entered the world whom would one day influence.... something like that. Definitely don't start with your name and info because this makes it seem more like a report. You could turn it into a silly story or something be creative and you should come up with something great.

• 1 decade ago

You might want to start off with a story.. like putting yourself in third person... make up characters for stuff that really happen to you.. make the book about you just not saying you.. it will give the readers information about you and at the same time, you can pour out what you need to in the book.. not every book has to be like hi my name is blah blah and i live in blah blah ya know?? have fun!!!

Source(s): my brain
  • 1 decade ago

You could start out with the meaning of your name and then lead into your autobiography with a question. Or describe yourself. It gets the interested aroused and thinking hard. Good Luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

"In the beginning I created the heavens and the Earth and the Earth was void and without form and darkness moved upon the face of the deep....."

• 1 decade ago

Start of by saying hellow my name is tell your name then say the date you were born then go from there.

• S.I.N
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try reading other peoples' biographies. That should give you some ideas.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Start off with your favourite memory!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.