Is working at a fast food joint an embarrassment?

working at places like mcdonalds, wendys, BK etc.

Favorite Answer

if i worked there, i wouldnt see it as an embarrassment. i mean, tons of people do it every day. just because you work there doesnt mean you arent doing something successful with your life, or that you just dont care about where you work. people need money and these days its hard to come by. i wouldnt be embarassed by it.

Well i personally wouldn't because i have to much pride to be honest and i don't really like working round greasy food and all that.

But actually having a job is a good thing and i'd be less embarrassed to say i work at McDonald's than i don't have a job.

Not for your first job. Use it as a starting point. Stay alert, ask questions, do a good job. After 6 months, ask for a raise.

If you don't have a task to do, ask for one. Offer to do stuff that needs doing - restocking, cleaning, etc.

For the grease smell, I used to wash my hair with Ivory dishwashing liquid. It's tough but it takes the grease smell right out. Use conditioner afterwards.

McD's used to be the best but their quality is deteriorating.

I think being able to hold a job is respectable, no matter where it is you are working. If anyone makes fun of you for working at a fast food place, screw em! At least you're making money

No... but you need to shower a lot more due to the smell clinging to you! It's a hard job, but will reward you in the long term with experience is dealing with a fast paced workplace.

I don't understand how having a legit job can be an embarrassment. It beats workin a street corner.

If someone gives you sh*t for it, tell them they're free to give you all of their money so you don't have to work in such a place. :)

• ?

Earning a living is never an embarrassment. I would scrub toilets to pay my bills. Be proud of what you do and do the best job you can.

Not for the first few jobs. It would be embarrassing for that to be your career.

i guess cuz my teachers and parents are always telling me that if i do not go to college, i'mma end up flipping burgers at McDonald's.....though i don't really see what so bad about it....

=X