P/S: how do you explain the phenomenon of Michael Jackson?

I'm wondering how others explain the phenomenon of the love, fascination and even hatred of Michael Jackson?

Yesterday I heard news reporters say how bad they feel for Whitney Houston because her drug use ruined her and how sad Patrick Swayzee's smoking was, then they cut to a story about Michael and made him look like a deviant animal.

How do you explain the love/hate of Michael?

Update:

millions loved him before he died. it was just many people who weren't really following him whom were not aware of that. And don't get me wrong, I really adore Whitney and have always kept her in my prayers and I think Patrick was amazing.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

wow, this question in amazing.

i wish more michael jackson questions were like this, and aren't always about scenarios and "don't you think he's sexy" all the time.

i mean, don't get me wrong, i answer them, but this kinda stuff gets my mind and heart going.

I really don't have answer because the guy above (4theglory)me did a fantatic job, and i e-mailed him.

Michael jackson is a phenomenon.

He is so loved

but so hated.

he's intriguing, and no one will ever really know the truth about him.

there are people who worship him and then there are people who wanted to kill him...literally!

he is so like jesus, its crazy!

there lives where extremly similiar.

from the time they both came into this world, they were gifted and had a purpose in life. They performed miracles and inspired people in a peculiar way. Michael jackson is the only celebrity who has the ability to walk on stage and just make people faint and cry. They were both so pure, they wanted to heal the world. They wanted to bring people togather with their gifts. And the more miracles they achieved, the more people got jealous. People were determined to tear mj down, like people were determined to tear jesus down. People called them liars. People both called them a wierdo, and made them an outcast of society.

AND IT WASN'T UNTiI AFTER THEIR CRUXIFIACTIONS....

that people really started to appreciate them.

Did they ever wanted to hurt anybody?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The love/hate and fascination of a celebrity is shown in how the media builds up someone only to tear them down.

Because of the celebrity Michael was can never be in doubt as music industry and the pop video culture would never have been the same without him.

However if they keep a cloud of guilt around him they can always make laughs and profits from someone who has passed on.

Michael has reached the status of Elvis Presley now.

Although neither can be here should someone ever take the time to clear their name now.

Which they should have done while they were alive.

They make Whitney and patrick out to be victims of their excesses but tear down another because they need villains as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

MJ was different. He was something that people couldn't understand and handle because he was so loving and caring and because he always was doing so much good for people. If you ever had a chance to hear the tapes of the boy who accused MJ of molesting him after MJ had paid him off and how he admitted that he had been "coaxed" into saying what he said and how all the lies had been concocted it was just further proof that Michael was innocent. People wanted to tear him down because he was an African American who was making millions of dollars in a time when it really wasn't happening...he was the first black singer to ever get a huge endorsement deal...he did a lot of firsts. He gave up his childhood so that we could enjoy him on the stage for what became his entire life...and then people around him got so greedy that they plotted and actually murdered him. It wasn't just Dr. Murray...he was a scapegoat, a cog in the wheel....there were people who didn't want MJ to come back to fame and rise to the top again...they had worked too hard to try to drag him through the mud with the false accusations of child molestation and didn't win at that. BUT..MJ is with God now...our angel has gone home. It's a shame that people didn't realize what they had while he was here. He was a gift from God and everyone ate him alive until he could no longer take it. He knew he was going to be killed, he was watching his every step and had told everyone around him. RIP MJ....I pray you finally have found peace.

Peace, Love & Happiness

• 1 decade ago

there is no true love hate phenomenon surounding michael jackson. with his superstar status from such a young age very few people truly know him as a person and not even michael him self was able to acuaretly portray his enter most self for the simple fact that when your life is examined like a petrie dish all aspects have a full spectrum of possible conclusions or reactions. the public is quick to both prase and condem with out fully examining the underling facts and or truth.

Source(s): PCT&THEPLACE2B
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • well, he was amazing, through his dance, and singing. There was, and will only ever be one Michael Jackson, which is what made him special, original is always better(:. Plus the fact that he was such a beautiful person makes us love him. The hate is from haters, obviously. We all have our own opinions, and everybody knew who he was, and so many people loved him. But others didn't like the attention he was getting, so they tear him down. Others, just don't like his music, like i said, we all have our own opinions.

Very good question, i had to think about this one for a while(: starr for u!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are a few things in life that come along which are so magical that people just instantly fall in love with them. Nobody cannot understand why, but there are loads of examples in our life times..

Just look at the idea of Pizza! Harry Potter! Michael Jackson! In every angle of life there is something which stands out as what the people want and love...

• 1 decade ago

It is simple some people evolved to be selfish haters, while others evolved to be true lovers of others. Over-comers of adversity have a tendency to bring this out.

Michael was one of many famous over-comers. He did not choose the circumstances he was born into, but he did choose to over-come them, and for that choice, he is either loved or hated depending on the heart of the individual observing his (Michael's) development.

Michael has so many people who love him because of his fame and his victory over life's challenges. He also at the same time is hated for his fame and victories, by those who have evolved selfish hate over the idea of certain individuals rising from adversity to fame. This is the age old sickness of the world, selfishness.

People are sometimes so infected with it, that it drives them into this quest to relentlessly destroy others for no reason other than to live out that selfishness.

Therefore, humanity will always have to deal with this whenever those large love provoking individuals come into this life.

• 1 decade ago

That's just it you either loved him or hated him there was really not a middle ground with people. I was on the hate side when it came to him as a person but I respect what he did for the music industry. We live in a time where everyone thinks they have a right to be judge and jury. We are very opinionated.

• ???
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

people who have a lot of love will always have a group after them wanting to destroy them out of hate. jealousy, because there's so much love. People have always tried to destroy him, but even in death he is one of the most loved people on the planet.

• 1 decade ago

That's just Celebrity News.....!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.