Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 decade ago

How does the anti-skid system of an A320 work when its hydroplaning?

I'm analysing an a320 landing gear for my school and I can't find any details on the operation of the anti-skid system during hydroplaning.

Best Answer

I fly the A320, I will keep it simple at first, if you have specific questions feel free to ask more.

The anti-skid works by evaluating the speed of each wheel as breaks are applied. If one side, or one individual wheel is braking more than the rest, the brake on that wheel will be relaxed to enable it to "catch up" with the other wheels.

Braking on the 320 is done "by wire" which means there is nothing mechanical between the pedals and the brakes. Everything is run through a computer and the appropriate amount of braking is applied depending on how far the pedals are pressed. This means that I can stand on the pedals as hard as I want, and the plane will not lock up the tires.

When the computer determines how much pressure is needed, one the hydraulic systems is used to push the brake pads against the wheel, and the wheel speed is monitored to make sure the pressure is appropriate.

There is also an Autobrake system, but I don't know how involved you want to get with your report.. what kind of class is this?

Source(s): airline pilot
  • proia

Anti Skidding System

i've got have been given labored on a outstanding and exquisite form of flying machines on situation that 1953 or so at the same time as i began out out placing around the airport. the 1st anti-skid or ABS device i grew to become into uncovered to grew to become into on a B-727-one hundred. the Nineteen Thirties planes that i understand approximately did now no longer have it. The DC-2, DC-3, C-40 six, B-17, Stearman PT-17, Ryan STA, PT 19 and PT-22, the Moncoupe 90A, early Piper and Taylorcraft, all from the 30s none had ABS of any type distinctive than the pilots potential to modulate the brake stress. A lost skill, it sort of feels. The Voisin device grew to become into now no longer on an aircraft, yet an motorized motor vehicle. do now no longer submit to in techniques at the same time as the device grew to become into first used on aircraft. a buddy in common terms stated me that the B-29, Stinson reliant, P-40, and P-38 additionally did now no longer have anti lock platforms. he's even older than me and he won't be waiting to submit to in techniques the 1st anti-skid geared up aircraft.It grew to become into placed up WWII, we the two agree. He began with Pan Am in 1942. Phoned a retired Northrop engineer, he stated they had a device on a prototype P-61 Black Widow, yet would not submit to in techniques if it ever went to manufacturing

• Fly B

Here's a question shot to the general people reading this question:

Why are people in the aircraft section so disrespectful? M R has a perfectly good answer, which is what airline pilots are taught regarding their anti-lock braking system. It is correct, yet he's been given 3 thumbs down. I don't get it! I gave a thumbs up because it's correct.

a320 anti-skid system is controlled by a dual channel computer called BSCU(brake and steering control unit). And it gets its speed datas from ADIRUs(air data inertial reference units) for actual aircraft speed and from tachometers in each main wheels for actual wheel rotation speeds. BSCU compares the speed data from the ADIRUs and wheel tachometers and uses these speed refences to release/apply the brakes.

Source(s): A320 AMM chap 32-40-01