"A 'big bang' could not create hundreds of millions of stars, planets, and moons to all be perfectly round"...?

Do you know who could? His name starts with G, and has seven letters.

Note: by "perfectly round", of course, we mean "either spheres or oblate spheroids".

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

    Actually, it could. It's name (you seem to have gotten your pronouns wrong) does begin with a g though. It's gravity in case you haven't guessed.

    Gravity causes the particles gather in one spot and, yes they actually do believe it or not, form a sphere. The larger the mass, the more it's gravitational pull If you've ever seen videos of liquids in zero-g's. You'll notice that they tend to gather in a sphere shape. Same principle applies to solids.

    P.s: quit trolling and get your facts straight before you dole out any criticisms about the theories.

    Edit: Mountains were created by the collision of tectonic plates (or does your "god" tell you that those can't exist either?)

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    We don't know that all stars are perfectly round. The ones we do know about are not perfectly round. Neither is the earth,sun, and moon. There are stars that we don't know the shape and never will. We look at stars and they may already be burned out. I think oblate would be a better way of putting it. The earth is oblate and the moon. I like studying the universe, Hopefully some day I will know more about it. I can't figure out the answer to your Question. Starts with a G and has seven letters. Thanks for this question very interesting.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Wow, I love how you change your definition of perfectly round right before you sign out... And Doesn't perfectly round mean no imperfections or jagged edges... hmmmm... I guess those mountains aren't really there. Great form man!

    But in the end. When you have a center point of gravity, that usually pulls all the sides in the same amount creating a sphere.

  • 1 decade ago

    Not only could the Big Bang create countless spheroids, it did. None of which are perfectly round.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    When forces are acting equally in all directions, then the end result will be to produce a sphere.

    And actually, the Earth is smoother than a pool ball.

    A pool ball is about 40mm. in diameter, and the ones in most pubs will have some chips up to 1mm. in depth. That is a "roughness" of 2.5%.

    The Earth is about 12.8Mm. in diameter. Mount Everest is only 8.85km., which is 0.7%, and the Marianas trench is 11km. deep, which is 0.86%. So the total roughness of the Earth is only 1.56%. Smoother than a pool ball.

  • 1 decade ago

    I think, round shape of stars, planets and other such things is due to the scientific fact that all things in the free space tends to become stable by acquiring minimum surface area which is always a circle or round,

    in other words any thing in the free space becomes circular or round to acquire minimum surface area for it's stability.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The planets are round because of gravity.

  • Anna
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Really?

    Wow it is amazing that just by making an assertion you disprove Atheists. Don't provide any evidence or external links to back up your supposition, that is unnecessary. Just make a ridiculous claim and expect it to be accepted and not challenged. Unfortunately that only works for people of Faith, the rest of us require evidence or logic and this claim has provided neither.

  • 1 decade ago

    Put the "force" behind the big bang as timeless energy requiring no beginning & no end as God =(4 letters YHVH ) as described in the bible and as humans we are all made up of nothing but pure enegy(in His image) and that the Universe evolved over time and just maybe that's how a Higher Power created Everything .

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    G

    R

    A

    V

    I

    T

    Y

    lol

    what do I win??

    by the way, who said there has to be any type of order to things?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.