1) Vaginal yeast infections occur when new yeast is introduced into the vaginal area, or when there is an increase in the quantity of yeast already present in the vagina relative to the quantity of normal bacteria. For example, when the normal, protective bacteria are eradicated by antibiotics (taken to treat a urinary tract, respiratory, or other types of infection) or by immunosuppressive drugs, the yeast can multiply, invade tissues, and cause irritation of the lining of the vagina (vaginitis).
Vaginal yeast infections can also occur as a result of injury to the inner vagina, such as after chemotherapy. Also, women with suppressed immune systems (for example, those taking cortisone-related medications such as prednisone) develop vaginal yeast infections more frequently than women with normal immunity. Other conditions that may predispose women to developing vaginal yeast infections include diabetes mellitus, pregnancy, and taking oral contraceptives. The use of douches or perfumed vaginal hygiene sprays may also increase a woman's risk of developing a vaginal yeast infection.
A vaginal yeast infection is not considered to be a sexually transmitted infection (STD), since Candida may be present in the normal vagina, and the condition does occur in celibate women. However, it is possible for men to develop symptoms of skin irritation of the penis from a yeast infection after sexual intercourse with an infected partner.
2) and if you have yeast infection then you must get rid of it as soon as it is possible!!!
if you really want to get rid of yeast infection forever then you must follow these tips:
1) Eat yogurt!!!! It contains helpful bacteria (live cultures, including acidophilus and bifidus) that destroy yeast. Use only plain yogurt with active cultures.
2) Douche with a solution of 1 to 3 tbsp. vinegar in a quart of water. Repeat once a day while having symptoms, but no longer than a week.
3) Decrease or eliminate sugar and sugary foods. Sugar promotes yeast growth.
4) Use a garlic clove as a suppository. Garlic contains a natural anti-fungal agent.
5) Try gentian violet. It's a traditional remedy for yeast and other infections, and can be found in pharmacies. Swab the area with it once or twice a day. Make sure to use a thick pad - it stains everything.
6) Use an herbal douche. Combine equal amounts of sage, raspberry and comfrey with 1/4 part goldenseal. This can be combined with cider vinegar.
7) You must use herbal treatment. In that case Yeastrol is really good (probably the best) product that gets rid of yeast infection comparatively fast and makes you feel more confident knowing that it wont reappear again!
And of course it is better if you use full course (5 months - if I remember correctly). For me it worked very fast + I dont get yeast infections anymore...
I do not know if any pharmacies carry Yeastrol but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here http://www.yeastrol.com/?aid=221781
Working in women's health - Gynecologist + personal experience
· 1 decade ago