sweetie asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

what is the cause of yeast infection?

before i was send my history about my discharge come out my vagina and make me itchy they said its yeast infection.Now i want to ask again how and why i get it and what does it cause?thank you and please guys answer this to make me clear GOD BLESS!

Best Answer

1) Vaginal yeast infections occur when new yeast is introduced into the vaginal area, or when there is an increase in the quantity of yeast already present in the vagina relative to the quantity of normal bacteria. For example, when the normal, protective bacteria are eradicated by antibiotics (taken to treat a urinary tract, respiratory, or other types of infection) or by immunosuppressive drugs, the yeast can multiply, invade tissues, and cause irritation of the lining of the vagina (vaginitis).

Vaginal yeast infections can also occur as a result of injury to the inner vagina, such as after chemotherapy. Also, women with suppressed immune systems (for example, those taking cortisone-related medications such as prednisone) develop vaginal yeast infections more frequently than women with normal immunity. Other conditions that may predispose women to developing vaginal yeast infections include diabetes mellitus, pregnancy, and taking oral contraceptives. The use of douches or perfumed vaginal hygiene sprays may also increase a woman's risk of developing a vaginal yeast infection.

A vaginal yeast infection is not considered to be a sexually transmitted infection (STD), since Candida may be present in the normal vagina, and the condition does occur in celibate women. However, it is possible for men to develop symptoms of skin irritation of the penis from a yeast infection after sexual intercourse with an infected partner.

2) and if you have yeast infection then you must get rid of it as soon as it is possible!!!

if you really want to get rid of yeast infection forever then you must follow these tips:

1) Eat yogurt!!!! It contains helpful bacteria (live cultures, including acidophilus and bifidus) that destroy yeast. Use only plain yogurt with active cultures.

2) Douche with a solution of 1 to 3 tbsp. vinegar in a quart of water. Repeat once a day while having symptoms, but no longer than a week.

3) Decrease or eliminate sugar and sugary foods. Sugar promotes yeast growth.

4) Use a garlic clove as a suppository. Garlic contains a natural anti-fungal agent.

5) Try gentian violet. It's a traditional remedy for yeast and other infections, and can be found in pharmacies. Swab the area with it once or twice a day. Make sure to use a thick pad - it stains everything.

6) Use an herbal douche. Combine equal amounts of sage, raspberry and comfrey with 1/4 part goldenseal. This can be combined with cider vinegar.

7) You must use herbal treatment. In that case Yeastrol is really good (probably the best) product that gets rid of yeast infection comparatively fast and makes you feel more confident knowing that it wont reappear again!

And of course it is better if you use full course (5 months - if I remember correctly). For me it worked very fast + I dont get yeast infections anymore...

I do not know if any pharmacies carry Yeastrol but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here http://www.yeastrol.com/?aid=221781

good luck!

Working in women's health - Gynecologist + personal experience

2

Source(s): Naturally Eliminate Yeast Infection : http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?wBOa

Yeast infections are commonly caused by candida. Though this condition is more frequently considered a female problem men can get yeast infections as well. When antibiotics are used by doctors for infections and viruses the antibiotics also kill beneficial bacteria in the gut. Within every person there is a balance (or should be) between candida and different forms of bacillus (especially acidophilus). When we are constantly taking antibiotics for various infections these antibiotics kill off the bacillus resulting in a proliferation of candida. There are several ways to approach the problem. You can buy a probiotic at the health food store (acidophilus) to help restore the natural balance between candida and bacillus, or you can get an MD to prescribe some form of nystatin, such as mycostat. In order to avoid this situation in the future you might want to keep some type of probiotic available after receiving antibiotic shots or pills, and also eat yogurt, cottage cheese, etc more often to keep your gut bacteria in balance. And indeed God bless us all.

Yeast Infection Freedom System - http://YeastCured.uzaev.com/?KOaA