oh please asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

what could cause ED in a 35 yr old, my man has not been able to keep an erection the last 3 times we tried?

Best Answer

My dear concerned friend....

Well first of all both responses (especially the first one) were very concrete, correct and useful advice.....

May I tell you out of my own experience with my 32 yrs.-old partner years ago who was suffering from the same problem....The condition has affected him tremendously and he felt really devastated...."down & out"....an emotional "wreck"...

I've made an appointment with a urologist and he went through all kind of tests (from blood-tests to ultra-sound....and...and...) After the results came back the doc' said that he was perfectly healthy...there was NOTHING physically "wrong" and the problem must be "psychological"....so he referred us to a psychologist...

Experts believe that psychological factors such as stress, anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem, and fear of sexual failure cause 10 to 20 percent of ED cases. Men with a physical cause for ED frequently experience the same sort of psychological reactions (stress, anxiety, guilt, depression). Other possible causes are smoking, which affects blood flow in veins and arteries, and hormonal abnormalities, such as not enough testosterone.

If you like to get more information on the subject, causes, treatment, etc. I can refer you to this link which is quite interesting:

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/impote...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/erectile-dysfunct...

There is no need to feel "embarrassed" -or- uneasy about this condition so please take your partner to get checked by a urologist to exclude physical ailments such as diabetes, etc.- and with todays advanced medicine he will certainly be helped my dear !

I sure wish you a "speedy Gonzales" recovery and all the BEST for the future ! Greetings from Germany with all my love, care and concern...your friend...Annette****

Hi.

There's lots of things that can cause ED, from diet (allergies) to stress (performance anxiety) and lots of outside sources, medications, etc.

There's two schools of thought here, one is to not take it too seriously, realizing that most men have some sort of erection problem at some point in their lives. Making a big deal (rotten pun, sorry) about it tends to magnifiy the problem and cause it to last longer, not to mention the "manhood" issue it raises with your man.

The other school of thought is to rule out any physical problems, then look at emotional possibilities...I would suggest that if he starts out alright and then looses "steam" that there could be an emotional issue at the core of this. Keep in mind that age 35 is a threshold of sorts and crossing it means that one stage of our life has passed, sometimes we need to grieve for that...

Today we have the little blue pill that can resolve most if not all of these issues, but without knowing the source treatment is usually best done slowly and gradully..

Good luck and make sure that he's got some other "man" things he can do to help keep his male morale up in the meantime.

First and formost he needs to see a specialist called a Urologist. There are a number of factors that could be contributing to his problem and without stressing you or him out with symptoms of what it could be the best advise is for him to call a Urologist as soon as possible and get some tests done and let them give him the answers to why this is happening.

Good luck....and make that call.

Source(s): life...spouse of 28 years had this problem.