How much of a loan can I get approved for on a house? (approx)?

I am trying to figure out what price range I can look for. I know what I can "afford" from using those affordability calculators, but I don't know how much I can get approved for. My realtor told me they judge that on income (and will add extra for good credit) and that the rate is what the credit... show more I am trying to figure out what price range I can look for. I know what I can "afford" from using those affordability calculators, but I don't know how much I can get approved for. My realtor told me they judge that on income (and will add extra for good credit) and that the rate is what the credit determines.

So, if you know and could please help me.... Me and my husband's gross income would be about $65,000. (that's about what the 2008 tax return reflects) If our obligated debts equal to about $587/mo (2 car payments and 2 minimum payments on credit cards) plus $125 for cell phone and $178 for car insurance, equaling to $890/month (do they even include cell phones and car insurance in that?) How much of a loan would I get approved for? guesstimate?