When to buy whole life insurance?

I am a 22 year old recent college grad and have been thinking about getting life insurance. i spoke to my friend who works in insurance and she suggested whole life. as i am not making very good money right now (i am living on a stipend and probably will be for another year or two) she said she can start whole life... show more I am a 22 year old recent college grad and have been thinking about getting life insurance. i spoke to my friend who works in insurance and she suggested whole life. as i am not making very good money right now (i am living on a stipend and probably will be for another year or two) she said she can start whole life insurance for me at $25 a month to lock me into the system. although this is limited coverage i do not have any student loan debt so in the event of my death my family will be paying only for my funeral. In the coming years i can choose to raise the amount when i start making more money so i will have more coverage to cover any dependents i may have in the future. does this seem like a good plan for me?
8 answers 8