EASY 10 POINTS! Please, what is your favourite recipe.?

This can be anything, a family heirloom or secret recipe, one that is fun with children, or your parent's or spouse's favourite...or even your wildest recipe. It can be completely home made or semi-home made and can be any course. It can be traditional American or any ethnic cuisine recipe.

My wife and I are looking for something new to try for a special family get-together and would appreciate any thing you have to offer. We are an international family so do not be shy!

Thank you for your help!

Update:

Can you please include the recipe and instruction?

Thank you.

Update 2:

Please, no thumbs down for other people's favourites. We all have our preferences.

I have eaten goat brains, fermented duck eggs, and dog meat before (not by choice, though). So let us not judge others. Just help.

Update 3:

WOW! Y'all are awesome. Thank you everyone for the great recipes.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are some really yummy looking recipes here. I love lumpur (type of flat cake) and lumpia (egg rolls) and my hubby loves pretty much everything!

My favourite recipes involve keeping it simple. Do not use salt, rather allow spices and herbs to bring out the flavour while adding to the healthful benefits.

Remember that oils should be used sparingly, especially with veggies because they can absorb too much of the oil.

We like to do semi-home made. But we use non-traditional cheats. A good example is that we will use low-sodium V-8 instead of spaghetti sauce, and then add our own fresh herbs and spices.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

• Sylvia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It’s fresh, slightly sweet, and oh, so good. Perfect for entertaining, yet such a family favourite, you’ll find yourself making it all the time. This is now the honorary designated salad for our “immediate” family gathering (of 23 & counting) from now till – well, forever.

Easy & Elegant Pomegranate Salad

Main:

1 head romaine lettuce, washed & torn

1 bunch spinach, stems removed, washed & torn (can use all romaine if no spinach on hand)

Seeds of one pomegranate *

½ cup toasted pine nuts *

½ cup crumbled (or grated) feta cheese *

Dressing:

1/3 cup grapeseed oil *

1 tbsp maple vinegar (or red wine vinegar)

2 tbsp. maple syrup

1 tsp. Dijon mustard

½ tsp. oregano

Salt & freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Whiz (or Whisk) dressing ingredients together; store in refrigerator to let flavours blend.

A food processor or blender to whiz the dressing, makes a lovely creamy dressing.

Toss lettuce and spinach together in a large salad bowl. Toss with salad ingredients just before serving. Add feta, toasted pine nuts and pomegranate seeds on top. Serves 6.

Recipe can easily be doubled for large crowds. Or only cooking for 1 or 2? No problemo… just keep the dressing in the fridge, and toss in small batches one meal at a time.

original recipe here:

http://www.sylviafox.ca/2009/03/25/easy-elegant-po...

Source(s): Sylvia's Kitchen Sync http://www.sylviaskitchensync.com/
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cream cheese bacon jalepeno wraps: (delish!)

Take about 7 fresh whole jalepeno peppers, slice in half, lengthwise, scoop out some of the seeds, stuff with cream cheese, and wrap each one with a slice of raw bacon, use toothpick to secure bacon if need to, then either grill or bake. I always bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. You can eat them hot or cold, we like them better cold. Also i heard some say pineapple chunks under the bacon before you bake these is also good. By the way, i always wear plastic gloves when making these, the acid from the peppers burn my hands badly. But these are awesome, i took these to a bbq and they didnt last long at all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

cornbread pudding is..the bomb. my sister makes double batches and its gone in 2 minutes.

try this recipe. its from food network.

Sweet Corn Bread Pudding

Ingredients

1/2 onion, diced fine

1 ounce unsalted butter

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon rosemary

1 (15-ounce) can creamed style sweet corn

1 cup heavy cream

2 eggs

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, whole grain, stone ground

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan

1 teaspoon kosher salt

Ground black pepper

2 cups cubed French bread

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Sweat onions with butter and herbs in an oven safe skillet until translucent.

Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed bread and fold to combine. Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture. Bake 50 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly before serving.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Tequila Chicken 4 boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips 1 tbsp Italian seasoning 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp garlic chopped 1 can diced tomato 1/4 cup tequila and 1 lbs linguine pasta---cooked Cook chicken in large skillet with spices until chicken is no longer pink. add in the diced tomatoes and tequila. Let simmer 5 minutes. Directly pour over the pasta and serve immediately. Serve with salad and garlic bread.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seafood Casserole

16 ounces scallops (about 2 cups)

1 cup dry white wine

1 small onion, sliced

1 Tbsp snipped parsley

2 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp salt

5 Tbsp butter or margarine

6 Tbsp all purpose flour

1 cup light cream

2 ounces cut up Gruyere cheese

pepper

one 7 1/2 oz can crab meat, drained and flaked

one 4 1/2 oz can shrimp, drained

one 3 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained

1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (2 slices bread)

Combine the scallops, wine, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and salt. Bring to boiling, simmer 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid. In saucepan, melt 4 Tbsp butter or margarine; stir in flour. Add cream and the reserved scallop liquid all at once. Over medium heat, cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles; remove from heat. Stir in cheese and a dash of pepper until cheese melts. Add the scallop mixture, crab meat, shrimp and mushrooms. Spoon a buttered casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs and 1 Tbsp melted butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.

Source(s): My ultimate favorite recipe!
  • 1 decade ago

I don't have the actual recipe for it but mine would be a desert my step dads mom used to make. It's a butterscotch pudding with butterfinger and some other stuff.

• 1 decade ago

This is by far, hands down the best recipe I have. While it takes several hours to make (simmering) it is worth the effort.

Pork Green Chile Topped

with Pepper Jack Cheese

4-5 pounds country style ribs, boneless

3 tbs vegetable oil

4 cups sweet yellow onions

1/2 cup seeded & diced jalapeno peppers (3 or 4)

1/3 cup minced garlic

2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies

3 (7 oz) cans whole green chilies, pureed

2 tsp Mexican oregano

1 tsp Pasilla Chile Powder

2 tsp Kosher Salt & Black Pepper

1-2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese

Flour tortilla shells

# Trim fat from ribs. Cut into 1 inch pieces.

# Heat half of the vegetable oil in 6 quart Dutch Oven on medium-high heat. Sear meat in batches browning evenly, remove, set aside. Add oil as needed. Reserve all liquid.

# Reduce heat to medium. Add onions, jalapenos, and garlic cook for 2 minutes. Return meat to Dutch Oven. Add the 4 oz cans of diced green chilies, stir. Cover, cook 1 1/2 hours, stir every 30 minutes.

# For the next 30 minutes if you have excess liquid (covers the meat) off-set lid to allow liquid to cook off. If this step is not necessary,

puree the 3 (7 oz) cans of green chilies and add to the mixture and

simmer for 1 1/2 hours stirring every 20 minutes.

# Turn heat off, let rest 20 minutes.

# Grate pepper jack cheese. Pre-heat broiler and lightly spray individual oven safe crocks. Ladle pork into crocks, top with cheese. Place crocks on cookie sheet, place under broiler until cheese lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Yields 8-10 servings allowing 2-3 tortilla's per person.

I serve with sides of black beans and jalapeno corn bread. Link to my corn bread recipe:

http://www.cooking-is-easy-and-fun.com/Chipotle-Co...

• 1 decade ago

My Oma's apfelstrudel, it's amazing, it's light, crispy, cinnamony, pure deliciousness. But for entree's it would have to be Boeuf Bourguignon, Julia Child's recipe. Sorry, you will never even touch my Oma's recipe with a ten foot pole, it took me months to get it, and I'm never giving it away, I'll give it to my children when I die.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.