Can pork rinds kill a 6 week old kitten?

My cat had 2 kittens 6 weeks ago. Yesterday my husband bought some pork rinds and left them on the table. The momma cat knocked them off and the little kitten ate some. Literally 5 min. later the kitten was dying. Please someone help, I need answers :( Im torn up about this. The kitten was bleeding out of its... show more My cat had 2 kittens 6 weeks ago. Yesterday my husband bought some pork rinds and left them on the table. The momma cat knocked them off and the little kitten ate some. Literally 5 min. later the kitten was dying. Please someone help, I need answers :( Im torn up about this. The kitten was bleeding out of its mouth, nose, and ears. It passed away but my husband is really distraught over the possibility that he may have been at fault.
Update: It seemed as thought something really wrong was going on internally. There was a TON of blood coming from the kittens mouth nose and ears. In fact it breathed some in causing me to have to suck it out of its lungs while me and my husband were trying to resesitate (sp?) the kitten. I have never seen or had to do... show more It seemed as thought something really wrong was going on internally. There was a TON of blood coming from the kittens mouth nose and ears. In fact it breathed some in causing me to have to suck it out of its lungs while me and my husband were trying to resesitate (sp?) the kitten. I have never seen or had to do something like this is my life and it was very traumatizing. The kitten continued to breath for a couple of house although it's pupils were fully dialated. I was in PURE panic. My husband is paranoid that maybe he slammed the kitten in the door when he was leaving the house. But the only other animals that live in the home are the momma cat and the other kitten. We DO have rat poison in our house but in areas that would be almost impossible for a kitten to get to, much less get out of before the poison would kill it. I have a 10 month old baby so I would never leave the poison anywhere accesible. Thank yall for the answers please keep them coming, I am searching for ANY answers!
Update 2: well he was leaving and slammed the door..he did not pull it shut. I found the kitten by the door but was in such a panic i didnt notice wether the door was open or shut. It is almost worse that it is possible that it had head injury. :( This is still weighing heavy on our hearts. We can't get the horrible... show more well he was leaving and slammed the door..he did not pull it shut. I found the kitten by the door but was in such a panic i didnt notice wether the door was open or shut. It is almost worse that it is possible that it had head injury. :(

This is still weighing heavy on our hearts. We can't get the horrible images out of our heads. I guess I'll draw the conclusion that the kitten must have been slammed in the door. :(