Is the prevalent belief that marijuana increases intelligence a myth?

I have a friend who smokes marijuana because he claims it makes him smarter. He also claims to have revelations about himself and others. However, I've sat with him when he is high, these revelations are nothing more than ordinary comments and observations. They don't impress me at all. In addition, he says... show more I have a friend who smokes marijuana because he claims it makes him smarter. He also claims to have revelations about himself and others. However, I've sat with him when he is high, these revelations are nothing more than ordinary comments and observations. They don't impress me at all. In addition, he says that it exposes truth to him about the world... when all he ever does high is articulate his own opinion, but act as if God sent it to him. It's completely delusional.

He is completely illogical when he is high, and so blinded by the notion that weed is powerful, that he doesn't realize how dumb he actually sounds.

Not only is he failing a class, he we can't socialize when he's high because he is egotistical about his own views, and is so eager to impose them on me, and call me fake because marijauana makes him "truthful".

Is the belief that marijuana increases intelligence and/or exposure to truth just a myth?