What's the most raccomended medical publication for a student of medicine?

Or in general, what are the main differences among the four most important publications (NEJW, BMJ, JAMA, The Lancet)?

Or in general, what are the main differences among the four most important publications (NEJW, BMJ, JAMA, The Lancet)? I have to decide for a subscription, and I've been told that the single magazines focus on different aspects of medicine. Does anybody know if it's true?

Favorite Answer

If you want to get into the "information science", there are people who have studied how often articles in journals get cited, and so the journals that get cited more often have a higher "impact factor" than other journals. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_factor

It looks like the New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet are the two of these top four that make it into the top 10 of all journals.

But, other than the Lancet & BMJ being produced in the UK, and NEJM and JAMA in the United States, there is little difference between the four. You would be proud and happy to get published in any of them.

So, you should probably be looking at the table of contents of all four, and reading the articles that pertain to your focus area.

Source(s): 18 years as an academic librarian
  • treat

activity protection and the oppotunity to shuttle. My spouse and that i placed her by using college first. (we are the two turning into the medical field mid-existence) She is now a exertions and transport nurse and that i'm fixing to graduate this autumn as a nurse. i've got had a type of jobs that have been extra stressful and the managment acted as though each thing became existence or dying. Now that i artwork in an atmosphere the place that's existence and dying the rigidity is lots much less and the rewards are a ways better. (college has been rather stressfull nonetheless!) when I graduate we are in a position to circulate everywhere interior the country and get a job exceptionally lots. it rather is a darn stable perk in my e book! I even humorous tale approximately us engaged on cruise ships as quickly as the little ones are grown and out of the living house. that's in basic terms joking now yet who knows? each deliver that makes port interior the united states could desire to have a minimal of two docs and four nurses so why no longer us or possibly we are going to artwork at some club med someplace tropical LOL. i'm gonna do affected person care no matter what...i like it too lots now to no longer. I in basic terms plan on doing it someplace i like to stay :)