2010 Mazda 3 iTouring or 2010 Toyota Corolla S?

I had a 2010 Toyota Corolla S that was totaled.

Now in the market for another new car. Originally, I was just going to go for another Corolla. Now I am wondering if I should look into any other cars.

If you have a 2010 Mazda any input would be great =)

The new Mazda 3s actually have better government crash ratings, but the Corollas weren't bad either.

It has more power and looks better than than the Corolla.

There is only one thing keeping me from deciding on the Mazda completely.

I searched online and J.D. Power & Associates predicts a 4.0/10.0 reliability vs. 8.0/10.0 for the Toyota Corolla!

Best Answer

Erika, tough call ... or easy call if you consider that they are both nice cars. The Mazda is sportier, a helluva lot of fun to drive. As you noted, the Toyota is very reliable and I have found that the Toyota parts (upgrades, replacement, and repair parts) are cheaper and more widely available, both OEM, used, and after-market, than for Mazdas.

My advice is: if you liked the Toyota Corolla S enough the first time, buy it again. You know what you are getting, you know what mileage to expect, and you know where all the knobs and controls are so you can just slip into it and go. If you're looking for something new and different, the Mazda 3i Touring is a great choice, lots of room, and fun, fun, fun. Good luck.

Mazda3 has much better handling, steering and interior quality than the Corolla. Ride in the Mazda is much firmer and noisier though. The 3s has larger engine; the 3i has smaller engine with better fuel economy. Mazda3 has good reliability according to Consumer Reports. Of course Toyota is best known for reliability. Test drive both.

- Take them for a test drive, you will find that the mazda is really fun to drive. The toyota just gets you from place to place. From experience mazdas are really reliable.