Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

if I have power of attorney after divorce on the house can I sign ex wife's name off in order to refinance the?

EX WIFE AND I ARE BOTH ON THE HOUSE TITLE BUT ONLY HER NAME IS ON THE LOAN. IN ORDER TO REFINANCE THE HOUSE I MUST GET HER NAME OFF THE HOUSE. I HAVE POWER OF ATTORNEY OVER THE HOUSE WHICH SHE SIGNED SO CAN I SIGN HER NAME OFF THE HOUSE ?

Best Answer

Maybe you should ask an attorney, instead of yahoo answers.

Actually, I'm not sure that it's that straight forward. It depends how you were married. ANC outright or ANC with Accrual or COP... I'm pretty sure that it all depends on your marriage contract. Go and see a lawyer about it though

so you are signing for her - the quit claim deed to screw her out of the house, and then make her pay for it anyway, since the loan is in her name?

what a dick.

I believe so but before you go signing anything I would confirm this with a lawyer first -

if you want your kids to hate you for the rest of your life, you can even jack up the mortgage that way so they would be forced to live on the streets and move form friends houses and place to place. please don't make the same mistake my dad did.

GET YOUR GODDAMN FINGER OFF THE SHIFT KEY.

probally