Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What do you think is the hardest postion on the baseball/softball diamond!?

Not counting pitcher and catcher!?

i have played every single postion in softball (starting at shortstop in 4th grade), but now that im on the UGALS 14U exculisvive New Jersey traveling team, i want to tell my coach what i truely want to play!

lately i have been playing 3rd base! and i love it the most!!! and im probabaly going to play that

but im just wondering what do u think is the most difficult postion to cover/play?!!

GO YANKEES! good luck 2 yer team 2! :)

Best Answer

I think 3rd base is the hardest position to play. Hit balls can get to you awefully fast, and you need to have a strong throwing arm to cross the diamond.

SS would be a close second. It's my favorite position to play because you get lots of balls hit to you and you can get in on double plays at second.

- R.

Catcher is definitely hardest. Ive also played everywhere in softball and catcher was the hardest. Not only do you have to block the ball with your body your knees are the worst after playing. Threes also the mental aspect of it. Catchers basically guard home plate and if they mess up something and let a run score they feel just as bad as the pitcher does. There also calling the game and if they make one mistake like signal for the wrong pitch or something and the batter gets a hit they'll know they made a mistake. Pitcher is close in second and then i'd say its a tie between Shortstop and 3rd base.

GO YANKEES and yeah stick with 3rd base since you like it.

• Catcher is probably hardest, but outside of the battery, I'd say third base or center field.

They all have there difficulties. Probably Shortstop or Centerfield. You have to have great range to play those positions, and be ready to lead, and take over the play. At those positions, you are basically the man who can take over, on any play, and have to be good defensive as well.

Catcher is definitely the hardest position. Its very demanding on your legs and back.

I would say they are all equally as hard to play. But if I had to pick it'd be SS cuz that's where most of the balls get hit. Anyway you kinda scare me with your abundance of exclamation marks.

• I would have to say 3rd Base Position.

I would have to say catcher. you are involved on every pitch from the first to the ninth.

Source(s): i play baseball

catcher..not the safest position