Is it okay to hit a woman in self-defense?

I know it's frowned upon in our society to strike a woman. I'm not misogynist, but I'm not a fool either. The last guy I saw do that I tuned him up good. Meanwhile, I've encountered more than my share of passive-aggressive females in my life. It seems they're allowed to misbehave in our society,... show more I know it's frowned upon in our society to strike a woman. I'm not misogynist, but I'm not a fool either. The last guy I saw do that I tuned him up good. Meanwhile, I've encountered more than my share of passive-aggressive females in my life. It seems they're allowed to misbehave in our society, yet when I get them back inline, I'm a male chauvinist pig. I've even been accused of sexual assault before. When I worked at Home Depot a young drama queen went to the human resources department playing the classic damsel in distress and gave her sob story that I raped her in the break room. Luckily, there was a camera there that proved she was lying like a snake the whole time. It made no difference because I was guilty until proven innocent. I left after I became a pariah there. When you're accused of something like that, it makes no difference what the verdict is. The damage is already done. Three days ago, some girl I worked with was being nasty and belligerent. Recently, I've started studying tai chi. It's helped me stay balanced and use violence only as a last resort. She was making all sorts of nasty comments to me and copping a major attitude. You have no idea how hard it was for me to practice restraint. Finally, I told her, "I hope you don't act this way around your kids." Then she gets defensive and complains to the manager. I told him my side of the story, and luckily he made her apologize to me. I almost got in trouble for being honest after she finally crossed the line. If she assaulted me physically, I'm wondering if I'd get fired or arrested for attacking a woman. I believe I have every right to defend myself. So here is what I want to know. Is it acceptable to hit a woman if it's in self-defense? Or am I supposed to "take it like a man." You be the judge.
36 answers 36