Can I get help trying to get my foot in the door?

I am currently going to college for a hospitality management degree. There's a certain place I would like to work at upon receiving this degree. It's an amusement park and FAR away from home and I will be heading there in two weeks on vacation. Right now I am in the works of writing a letter two an official at the park so I can maybe get a tour of the place, and maybe meet some people while I'm on vacation to help get my foot in the door. I am stuck! I don't know how to write the paragraph asking to meet and get a tour and meet officials in a polite, but convincing manner. Are you able to help me? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Favorite Answer

Ignoring all the idiot spam, it's not easy to get employment. Be polite, and convincing, but firm at the same time.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Remember to include an honorific.

Mircrosoft Word includes some templates to write letters which you can get here:

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/thankyoulettersample...

Here's a sample letter, and this is the format you want to follow. Remember though, given the state of the economy, you may get rejected.

Mr. George Gilhooley

XYZ Company

87 Delaware Road

Hatfield, CA 08065

(909) 555-5555

[[Header should be top left at the very top]]

Date [[top right below the header]]

Dear Mr. Gilhooley,

I am writing to apply for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. As requested, I am enclosing a completed job application, my certification, my resume and three references.

The opportunity presented in this listing is very interesting, and I believe that my strong technical experience and education will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include:

I have successfully designed, developed, and supported live use applications

I strive for continued excellence

I provide exceptional contributions to customer service for all customers

With a BS degree in Computer Programming, I have a full understanding of the full life cycle of a software development project. I also have experience in learning and excelling at new technologies as needed.

Please see my resume for additional information on my experience.

I can be reached anytime via my cell phone, 555-555-5555. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you about this employment opportunity.

Sincerely,

FirstName LastName

Dear Sir or Madam;

I am currently going to college for a hospitality management degree.

I would very much like to work at your park.

I wonder if there is any way a person like myself might bet a tour of the park.

I do not want a free admission, or any free rides, just a serious chance to see how it all works, and meet some of the people who make it happen.

Respectfully,