Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

can i get into college and have friends like this?

im a freshman in high school, im a boy, im shy and get very good grades(in all honors classes) and play cello...can i get into a good college without playing sports? also how do i make friends without joinging sports and im too shy to join clubs...how do i improve my social life

i dont play sports because the idea of them makes me mad with all the politics involved (knowing someoent op play)

Favorite Answer

YESSS!!! u can get into college without playing sports and listen to me try and join clubs it looks good on ur resume for college but dont be shy high school only comes around and i wish i could go back and do many things .. for example i joined track on my senior year i thought iwas gonna be bad but my running started improveing and truste me since u a freshman u can improve to something good by senior yr and dont be shy trust me its not worth it cuz u will miss out on a lot of things lyk i did i wouldnt talk to nobody because of wat they would think of me but it doesnt matter everybody does silly things once in a while ...idk if that helped nd by clubs i mean lyk da spanish club or helping hands club or anything that interest you

Well first of all. You gotta be a Man bro. MAN UP!

After you Man Up.. you gotta get over whatever childish thoughts you have about sports.. dood ur a MAN! drink some beer and love the sports!

Cello is cool i played the saxophone back in high school. Did Wrestling, football, golf, was in honors, and all that stuff

You gotta get over whatever you dont like.. because honestly .. you arent better than them.. they probably better than you, if you look down on people they gonna look down on you.

Accept everything, and acknowledge that everyone has their own passions, how would you like it if someone made fun of you for playing a Cello? ya you wouldnt like them very much right? just reading that.. it seems like you hate sports.. that means you dont like the *idea* of athleticism.

And Bro, politics and sports is totally different. politics is such as who is the activities director, and head coach and etc...

Sports is the love of the game, if your a good Linebacker.. then ur a damn good linebacker that wins game cuz u can support ur team and blitz like a mofo!! sick!!! u know?

No politics in sports bro- If you suck as football haha they gonna cut you. if there is some politics.. then congrats your on the team.. but ur never gonna play or start cuz honestly nobody will want you.

No dood, if you want friends you gotta acknowledge and respect everyone because if u show character.. they will show you character..

How do you expect someone to treat you with respect when you dont show them any?

And it seems like you got alot of growing up to do.

www.adultfriendfinder.com