Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Is it ok to not play sports freshman year?

im a freshman in high school, im a boy, im shy and get very good grades(in all honors classes) and play cello...can i get into a good college without playing sports? also how do i make friends without joinging sports and im too shy to join clubs...how do i improve my social life

• Favorite Answer

you don't have to join sports if you don't want to in order to get into college. they do like to see that you do clubs though. you may have to get over your shyness and join a club that interests you like band or something. just be yourself and you'll eventually find someone who is similar to you.

• Kasi T

It's perfectly fine not playing sports. Not everyone does, but that doesn't mean that only athletes get into good colleges. If you keep up your good grades, I'm sure many colleges will accept you for whatever career you want to pursue (maybe in music?). I've always found it easiest to make friends in class. Just start talking to the person beside you, say hi, ask them what courses they're taking and see where that goes.