How do you fix blue screen error?

the blue screen error is the blue screen of death or something right? it's when a blue screen appears to your computer and it suddenly shuts down. my laptop has it for like 2 days now. i've had it with my previous junk laptop. i forgot what the blue screen said, but it keeps happening. do i have to do... show more the blue screen error is the blue screen of death or something right? it's when a blue screen appears to your computer and it suddenly shuts down.

my laptop has it for like 2 days now. i've had it with my previous junk laptop. i forgot what the blue screen said, but it keeps happening.

do i have to do something? does it only happen once? how can i stop it? is there only one way or many different ones? are there also different kinds of blue screen errors? or the reason why they happen? please tell me all of what you know about it. thanks.