Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

I'm Taking The Asvab In 3 Days!?

Ok..so i've been studying on military.com/asvab and passsed with a pretty ok score..i took the pre-test at the armed forces building and got a 44..does anybody think i will pass? i honestly dont know if i will..i want at least a 50..and also..is 50 the same as 50%?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A fifty is good, it gets you in to I think any branch of the military.

Air Force:

ASVAB Score - Air Force recruits must score at least 36 points the 99-point ASVAB (Note: The "Overall" ASVAB Score is known as the "AFQT Score," or "Armed Forces Qualification Test Score"). Exceptions are made, however, for a handful of high school graduates who can score as low as 31. In actuality, the vast majority (over 70 percent) of those accepted for an Air Force enlistment score 50 or above.

Army:

ASVAB Score - The Army requires a minimum AFQT Score of 31 to qualify for enlistment. However, in recent months, the Army has been approving more and more waivers for those with scores as low as 26 (Category IVA). To qualify for certain enlistment incentives, such as enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit must score a minimum of 50.

Marine Corps:

ASVAB Score - Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32. A very few exceptions are made (about one percent) for some exceptionally otherwise qualified recruits with scores as low as 25.

Navy

ASVAB Score - Navy recruits must score at least 35 on the AFQT. The Navy raised this requirement from 31 in 2003 for active duty accessions. Reserve enlistment programs still only require a score of 31.

Coast Guard

ASVAB Score - The Coast Guard requires a minimum of 40 points on the AFQT. A waiver is possible if a recruit's ASVAB Line Scores qualify them for a specific job, and the recruit is willing to enlist in that job.

And to answer the next question, 50 points is not the same as 50%.

• Login to reply the answers
  • madman
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You should be okay. Generally, those practice tests are harder than the actual thing. A 50 is sort of like a 50 percent in a way but only according to your AFQT score, which the highest is 99. The AFQT is what is used to calculate if you qualify for enlistment and is made up of the Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Mathematics Knowledge. Or in other words, basically everything that was on that practice test you took at the armed forces building. Scoring a 50 doesn't actually mean you got half the questions right on the whole exam but people tend to equate it to how well you did on the ASVAB altogether.

• 1 decade ago

The meaning of the 50 or any other "score" you get on the ASVAB is you scored better then XX% of people who took the test. Just relax during the test and you will do fine, test anxiety is the leading case for low scores. And a 44 is good it Qualifies to join all the branches. What really matters is your line scores for the type of job you can get. But if you do not have a High School Diploma you need a 50 or better (GED). Good Luck! :)

Minimum Scores:

Air Force - 36

Army - 31

Navy - 35

Coast Guard - 40

Marine Corps - 31

Source(s): Took the ASVAB a week ago, and http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/genjoin/a/asvabmini...
  • 3 years ago

Study some thing discipline was once weakest for you at the train scan. The best method to upgrade is extensive practice session, so use a train publication that has plenty of questions for the locations wherein you struggled and paintings till you fully grasp each query and fully grasp no longer best the reply however the reasoning at the back of the reply.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i just took mine a cpl of wks ago n scored a 76. i studied at 4tests.com its the best!!

Source(s): 4tests.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.