Thinking about taking diet pills?? Do diet pills affect the effectiveness of birth control pills?

I've been thinking about taking diet pills.. I don't want to lose too much weight either. My weight right now is 124 and I would like to lose 5 or 6lbs. Im also taking birth control pills, and Im not really sure if taking diet pills would somehow have a affect the effectiveness of the birth control pill. Anyone know??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there

No it shouldn't affect them. It will say so on the diet pills if it does anyway.

Can someone help me please? Really important...

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al...

• 1 decade ago

i don't think that it should have any affect on the birth control pills. But I would check with your pharmacist just to make sure, since some meds can affect them.

I know you probably don't want to hear this (or have already heard it a million times...) but diet pills, if they work at all, only work temporarily. You either just lose water weight, or they contain things that work like caffeine and speed up your metabolism momentarily. Personally, I wouldn't use them just because of the risk of side effects, but obviously the choice is up to you.

• 1 decade ago

Well,,, i have been told they can effect your BC pills! certain herbs and weird stuff they put in diet pills can alter them. Just ask the pharmacist where you pick them up (if there is a pharmacy in the store) if it will be a bad idea. They will know - Usually and most likely they wont affect them much, but i would be on the safe side and ask.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Diet pills are intended for those who are looking to lose alot more than 5-6 pounds. Plus they are bullshit lol. Unfortunately for me but fortunately for others, the only good way to lose weight is to exercise and eat healthy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Amoxicillin is used to treat many different types of infection caused by bacteria, such as tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and infections of the ear, nose, throat, skin, or urinary tract.

Amoxicillin is also sometimes used together with another antibiotic called clarithromycin (Biaxin) to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection. This combination is sometimes used with a stomach acid reducer called lansoprazole (Prevacid).

Oral amoxicillin is not considered first-line treatment for anthrax prophylaxis; it may, however, be used to complete a 60-day prophylactic course after 10 to 14 days of ciprofloxacin or doxycycline in pregnant or lactating patients or in patients with contraindications to the other two agents. The total duration of antimicrobial therapy is 60 days.

• 1 decade ago

I do not know but diet pills are BS and psychological. If you want them to work, they will work because YOU lost the weight on your own.

Source(s): ME
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.