Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

cannot remove guest password in win-xp :(?

hi, one of my friend messed up with guest account and put in a password.

what he did was went to my computer->magage->local user and group->user & set password for guest but he didnt entered anything & just press yes when the warning come... that is what he told me.

and now i cannot enter guest. even pressing enter doesnt work beside that i dont know what to enter as password.

what i did is use these commands

1. net user guest *

2. control userpasswords2

using these commands to remove guest password failed. the result shows 'success' but when entering guest it still ask for password.

pls help me out. actually this is quite interesting problem :) i m trying to work it out myself but a help is always welcome.

thank you.

Favorite Answer

same question = same answer...

The convenient and easy way is to use the Windows Password Reset that can do all the job for you within a few minutes automatically! It's worth a try! http://www.resetwindowspassword.com/

• bonyai

Boot up laptop as Administrator: training a million.) Restart laptop 2.) Jam F-4 F-8 and F-10 back and back to get the boot menu strategies. 3.) If step 2 does not artwork and it boots into abode windows, tension the laptop off via keeping down the means swap, than pass forward to 5 4.) If step 2 worked, pass forward to 10 5.) turn on the laptop as quickly as extra, and hit no buttons, it is going to invite you what you desire to do by way of fact the comp misplaced means out of no the place. 6.) circulate to secure mode. 7.) pick Administrator, this don't have a password, because it is the secure mode admin centers person. 8.) circulate to administration Panel, pick person money owed, pick the "customer" account and hit do away with password. 9.) income 10.) decide for "secure Mode", than circulate to step 7.

• G

Try removing it in safe mode.

This is how to use safe mode.

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml