Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How about Joe Wilson?

Could this guy be what the GOP needs come 2012? I think many americans are seeing this guy as someone with balls who called Obama out when everyone else was keeping their mouths shut. Yesterday I was reading the liberals laughing at how much more money his opponent had raised. Well who is laughing now? http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/...

Update:

Keith read the link I left, he is refusing to make any more apologies. I believe he also said, hes sorry his emotions got the best of him, hes not sorry for what he said.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So you want a nut job like wilson with his finger on the button!!!!!!!!!*

• thrddg
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Before you get ready to run another republicans flag up the flag pole remember, what the problem with republicans is. They are VERY weak they can only stay on course for a short time before they start trying to meet the other side in the middle. It is like they can't stand to be in their own skin and can't wait to shed it off. The democrats don't play by the same rules or any. I want to see more of this unknown politician whom I never heard of. Lets see how he stands on cap and trade, afghan war and a whole host of other issues. You never know if he is just the flavor of the month/week or the real deal.

• Stan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Can you imagine the outrage if Bush was giving a speech and during the speech a Dem congressman interrupted and called

Bush a liar?!

Hannity and Fox would be all over it..demanding taking away citizenship, water boarding and who knows what else?

Republicans have never had respect for the office of the presidency..unless their guy is in.

Joe Wilson should be punished by Congress, not only was he wrong to interrupt a presidential address to Congress, but he was wrong in his facts.

Whining, crying little baby nut case republicans....and that's why you're out of power...due to your own mismanagement, lies, raping of our Constitution, and arrogance.

From a veteran.

• 1 decade ago

People like you scare me. You would probably make his running mate sarah palin. This guy makes me embarrassed to be a NORTH carolinian. You must be blind. There were no balls there...only racism. Some of these republicans are childish, rude, unprofessional, and just plain dumb sometimes. it scares me that you and others think that crazy people like palin, wilson, and McCain would be good leaders of the country. Im scared come 2012 if we elect a raciest, disrespectful, man, or woman, such as wilson for president. not even george w. bush was talked to like that on live television, and he was just a **** up puppet, who had no idea how to run a country. it doesn't matter if obama was bending the truth, what wilson did was rude and embarrassing. bush told many a lie. i commend the President for how he reacted to such immature behavior by a U.S. politician.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Come and surrender to the Lord Jesus Christ now, beg for forgiveness, Remember this: Once acquired, this precious life with liberty and opportunity

Has the characteristics of instantaneity, impermanence, and decay.

The three realms are deceptive and illusory in nature.

Though beautified by the wealth of its four continents,

Our earthly environment is impermanent and exhibits decay.

Even this body should be recognized as a ball of foam,

Like those of all these beings now on earth.

In a hundred years, they will certainly not be,

Since everything born eventually dies.

Just as your own life span will come to an end,

In places like markets, crossroads, guest houses,

All these crowds of diverse beings will be scattered.

Contemplate the certainty from the heart that your relations

And the resources of your amassed possessions,

Like a city deserted, will come to nothing.

Since whatever wealth one has amassed

Is impermanent and without essence, you should be detached;

You ascend to the wealthy cities of paradise,

Even as you go beyond death and fall into miserable lives.

Be sure that pride in this life or wealth grants no equanimity,

Since one is separated in time from things outer and inner.

Since impermanence and death are certain,

Give up on the delusion of permanence.

Subatomic matter endures momentarily,

Being impermanent as a flash of lightning,

So you should realize ultimate truth just as quickly.

The variety of habitats and life-forms is transient,

Essenceless as an illusion of a banana tree,

Therefore this life-cycle is called impermanent,

And clinging to one's self or work is not acceptable.

Habitats and beings are made of four elements, subject to decay.

Embodied beings vanish like transient settlements.

Since compounds are everywhere, nothing at all is permanent.

Nothing in life is certain but that death is never partial.

So one must contemplate from the heart death's certainty.

Since, at the time when death comes, home and possessions,

Friends, the company of celebrated experts, and so forth

Are no company at all, you must realize ultimate truth.

One's perception of markets, riverbanks, miraculous trees,

Thunderheads, the movements of living beings, moon and sun,

Impermanent and transient, will likewise suddenly cease.

At the time of death, your best friends are your stores of virtue;

So rely on the ultimate, and strive to realize its essential meaning.

On the path of analysis, one must be ever mindful of death.

Measure your practice by watching the compounded decay.

With effort, abandon the fears and activities of this life,

Not resting in the ordinary even an instant.

Develop a renunciative, repentant mind of few diversions,

For the benefits and virtues of such a mind are infinite.

Eliminate worldly faults and naturally gather virtues.

Free from the permanence habit, stop enmity and kinship, desire and hate,

Be diligent in virtue, and know this life as deceptive.

Fully gather both stores, and the gods will see you as glorious,

You will ascend to the heavens, achieve lifetimes of bliss,

And quickly earn the state of enjoying the elixir of immortality

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is what Joe wilson said okay? Yes. Joe was simply stating the truth, and echoing the thoughts of many who were watching Obama's speech. And by saying, "many," I mean tens of millions of dissatisfied angry people.

It's great to see someone in Congress with the guts to tell it like it is, call Obama out on his lies, half-truths, and general snow job. It's even better when it raises the hackles of his opponents who will no doubt ask for his head to roll, even though many Liberals do the same thing with impunity. But as we are seeing, having the guts to call it like is, has its own rewards.

Go Joe!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Liberals are still laughing.....

all the Way to the Bank...

they got even MORE money pouring in~!

Source(s): me3! Independant~leaning left....
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Quick finger Joe for POTUS and Shot Gun Barbie for VP....that would be awesome. I'd be laughing all the way to the polls.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just because someone can call someone out does not mean the will do anything.

its very easy to say lies when you have no power, if your just here to complian about something and not get it done then your part of the problem.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I donated to Joe today.

There have been so many hit his campaign website cannot keep up with all the people who want to contribute to Joe Wilson's re-election campaign.

• 1 decade ago

While I loved the fact that he called him a liar to his face, he is completely why the Republicans will always be stepped on in American politics. OK, hooray you had balls, but come on man, stand up for yourself, don't apologize, stand your effing ground. Liberals don't apologize, they don't say sorry, or that they didn't mean it, only Republicans do, Liberals also don't throw their own under the bus.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.