Why do so many of the newer Country music singers sound so much alike?

I have wondered for awhile why so many of the newer country music artists all have the same Nashville nasal twang? Country music used to not all sound so twangy back in the days of Buck Owen, Charlie Pride, etc. And interestingly enough, when these singers talk, they don't have that twangy, nasal "I just... show more I have wondered for awhile why so many of the newer country music artists all have the same Nashville nasal twang? Country music used to not all sound so twangy back in the days of Buck Owen, Charlie Pride, etc. And interestingly enough, when these singers talk, they don't have that twangy, nasal "I just wanta get you-u-u out of your dress-s-s-s-s and get you home-e-e-e", but they talk in normal voices, but when they sing, it's all nasal and all twangy. Not all country singers sound like this, for example, Charlie Daniels, and Billy Ray Cyrus sound more like regular people singing. But a friend of mine LOVES modern day country music and nearly every singer sounds alike. Am I missing something? Are modern day country music singers all supposed to follow the same twangy, honky tonk formula? Also, the lady in the office next to me plays country music non-stop, and all of it is new modern day twangy, nasal country music. I guess this is popular as my hometown has about 1/2 dozen modern day country music radio stations. But does anyone else ever wonder how this music is popular? I used to appreciate country music in the days of Buck Owens, John Denver and Johnny Cash, but this newer stuff is kind of hard to listen to.

What do other people think?