What is wrong with this guy, I dont understand him?

Ineed advice..This guy I like we hung out on sunday through labor day, and he was nice filled up my gas tank, bought me something to eat, wanted me to come back over to have bbq with him and his son. He told me he thought I was beautiful, and just kept smiling at me the entire time I was there, so I'm thinking... show more Ineed advice..This guy I like we hung out on sunday through labor day, and he was nice filled up my gas tank, bought me something to eat, wanted me to come back over to have bbq with him and his son. He told me he thought I was beautiful, and just kept smiling at me the entire time I was there, so I'm thinking okay i think he likes me.So he text messaged me the next day, I think it was Tuesday night, his text said"Hey how are you doing, hows work, I get off 10 o clock"..but my cell battery died so I didnt get his text until the next day(the next morning actually) after I turned my phone on..so I text messaged, him saying 'I'm sorry I'm just getting your text this morning" no response, then thirty minutes later, his friend/co worker "happens" to call to check in and let me know one of my co workers got sick..so a few hours later I text the guy I like again "Soooooo..call me or text message me when you get some free time" no response..so later on that day another one of his friends call my job to just say hi..and its been two days..and he hasnt responded.And now all of a sudden, I have different people calling my job saying they have the wrong number,at night.And I know I sound paranoid and weird but if I dont talk to him I get these calls..when i am talking to him I dont...
Update: but he knows my work scheduele,I was at work when he text messged me..
Update 2: He is obsessed..he has been trying to get with me for almost a year now...and we finally went out had fun..I told him I was moving and he was like'Oh were you moving too" like real quick, I told him, chill out, and he told me he thinks about me every single day