Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

i had the flu for 2 months how do you get rid of it?

i had the flu since the middle of august and i went to the doctors and they gave my antibiotics but it is not working. Can you give my tips to help the flu?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi There,

Antibiotics work on bacterial infections and flus are generally infact almost always) caused by viruses. Bacterial infections are secondary infections in these cases hence the sue of antibiotics.

Flu or Influenza is caused by a virus, influenza A, B or C. Virus C is the most benign of them all and usually the cause of your suffering.

The main trigger-ants are stress, Fatigue, tiredness, etc. basically, all these factors contribute to lowering your immunity levels, hence the defeat your system gets against the virus.

So, basically, it all boils down to 9specially in your case) to increasing your immunity levels to the extent these viruses are curbed from increasing their ever increasing presence in your body.

A lot of herbal and homeopathic remedies have also been proven to be extremely beneficial in treating influenza without drying out the mucus membranes (which happens with conventional decongestants) and without robbing the body of good bacteria (which happens with conventional antibiotics).

Herbs such as Hypoxis rooperi and Astralagus membranaceus help to boost the immune system and act as strengthening tonics. Other effective healing herbs that provide a natural cold and flu remedy include Yarrow, Elderflower, and Peppermint. When these herbs are combined together, they can help to reduce fever and act as an inhalant to relieve chest congestion effectively. Echinacea is another powerful herb that has been shown to greatly support the immune system, and thus help the body to ward off the flu virus. Remember to source herbal remedies from a reputable company, as therapeutic dosage and ingredient quality is important when using herbal medicines.

Some homeopathic remedies like Gelsemium 6C and Belladonna 30C are extremely beneficial in providing relief from flu symptoms naturally.

You can also check out some more info on precautions and other home made remedies on flu on the link below.

Hope all that helped

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Go to the doctor so you can get a proper antibiotic. Are you taking Tylenol? Drink lots of fluids (liquids) and keep hydrated. The flu should only last 2 weeks.. So I would take this seriously and go get checked out. Good luck :)

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The flu doesn't last two months, antibiotics are given for bacterial infections not viral infections which is what the flu is. I think something is a little off here.

• 1 decade ago

well...they gave you antibiotics because they THOUGHT it was the flu...its not...since they didn't work, it obviously means its different, non-bacterial infection..like a cold virus..or some other viral thing...and considering its summer...things like these often last a long time during the summer...thats why we are just getting into flu season, which will be followed by cold season..hehe....summer sicknesses are more mild, but generally last longer too....hang in their!!! lol you'll get through it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • cr
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

a flu is a virus. it will not still be causing you to be sick. and if you were given antibiotics that sounds like an infection, maybe pneumonia or a bronchial infection? call your doctor or look at your info. they will generally say if you are still having symptoms after a certain time you should go back.

• 1 decade ago

chicken noddle soup. and lots of rest. you could try the more ridiculous solution say to yourself every morning im getting better and believe it. this form of hypnosis is found to be very effective.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.