How did you feel when you first heard about the attacks on September 11, 2001?

and where were you when you first heard about it

Favorite Answer

I was getting ready to go to work that day,and watching the TV as usual...Then the TV guys said OMG,and my mouth dropped as I watched the 2nd plane hit the Towers...I was in shock!Then scared,not knowing where the terrorists would hit us next,or if it was a War in progress...Once they explained more of what was happening my first reaction was to call my Mom,whose in another State,to check on her and other Family members...Once everything calmed down I got angry at the terrorists,sad for the people who were killed,cried for the people they left behind and them....Kids today should care about what happened as it could happen in their life time as well...I hope for their sakes it doesn't but terrorism will exist for a long time....Sad but true...My heart goes out to those Americans who took a loss and to all of us who survived it as well...God Bless us all...

>=)

• Nancy

I was at work. I heard the dj's get real serious and they were saying that the plane hit the building and like "what?", then 10 minutes later they said another hit the building. it was crazy. The radio station fired those two dj/s because they supposedly did not handle the announcement well. How were they supposed to handle that? Makes you wonder.

Shocked of course.

I was about to go to bed when there was the mention of something happening in New York on the late late news. It was like 11 pm when it happened in my part of the world. I didn't hear the full news until the next day...

• Kim P

I'm a nurse (working at a hospital). I just got to work, got report. I went into a patients room, she was crying. I asked if she was ok, she told me about the attacks and her tv was on. I was shocked! After a few minutes I started crying myself. My patient and I just hugged each other for 5 minutes.

I was staying with someone cause I was jobless and homeless and I had two Appointments at the VA Hospital that I didn't go to but there was no one there from what I understand. I was flabbergasted or as the British put it, Gobsmacked.

Horrified and in shock. I was living in New Orleans at the time, and was supposed to by flying into NYC that morning to attend a wine seminar at Windows On The World at the WTC. I missed my early morning flight, and was taking a later one when it happened. I knew several people that worked there.

• Bonzo

I was at work and as silly as it sounds now my first thought was air traffic control had gone haywire!!! Images no one will ever forget and the sadness that the innocent people had to pay with their lives for the hatred of someone who didn't even know them!! and we are at the top of the evolutionary ladder!!!

i actually can't remember the day which is sad but i'm sure i was 7 years old starting third grade probably in class...i wish i could remember...for the longest time i though 9/11 was 911 but now i know better x]

it's really sad :(

I thought it was a horrible accident, even when the second plane hit. It wasn't until the Pentagon got hit that it occurred to me that the country was under attack. I was a home getting ready for work. My husband was supposed to fly out that morning and i said to him "You need to call your boss and tell him you won't be flying today" He just laughed at me and 5 minutes later all flight were canceled. I was terrified.

Source(s): Thanks T/D Troll!!!! You're an A HOLE. Matty B: People still talk about it because, unlike you, they have a soul.

i was 9

in 4th grade in california

i remember one of my classmates, john, telling the teacher that planes had crashed into the twin towers

than the teacher turned on the t.v. and we all watched

at first i didnt really get it cause i had never heard of the towers

but the more i watched t.v. the more i understood.