What type of Engineer deals with nerve agents and nuclear weapon design.?

I am going back to school for engineering and I want to work with chemical and nuclear weapons. I was a bomb tech in the military I grew accustomed to things that explode. Now I want to further my education with explosives. Any help would be great.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Most weapons design is done by teams of engineers and technicians working together. The core discipline in explosives is chemical engineering.

    The core disciplines in biological and chemical weapons such as nerve gas are chemical engineering, medical biology, and biochemistry.

    None of these is a crip major, but they are all rewarding subjects to study. Good luck!

    Source(s): old scientist
  • 1 decade ago

    Nerve agents would be medical research, not engineering. IIRC, most bomb designers are physicists, so you'd study physics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.