What happened to our world? The corruption...?

If there is knowledge of good and evil then why don't we choose good? Why are we such stupid fools? Yes, I said that. I don't understand. Do we think we'll be happier choosing evil or what is it? Please explain. What happened to our harmony, happiness without anger, jealousy, hate, violence. It seems that all we do is want, want to own more and more and never share or give. But this wanting...does it make us any happier? Someone please explain this to me. The corruption in our world. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Dear Tiffany:

The answer actually goes way, way back to the beginning of mankind. In the Bible, Genesis chapters 1 to 3 describe the beginning of the earth and of man. In Genesis 3 we (mankind) were tempted by Satan and chose evil. The consequences of this bad choice are what you see in the world today, i.e. corruption, greed, wanting more and more, addiction, murder...ok, you get the idea.

The remedy to this situation is the work that Jesus Christ has done, and he called it the "Kingdom of God." Jesus can help get rid of the corruption in you (and me too). This is what christians call "salvation." When Jesus returns to earth, he will establish a new heavens and new earth, and all the corruption will be gone forever.

Sorry to preach, but that's the answer. I hope that it doesn't sound too weird. Have a blessed day.

Source(s): Zondervan bible search www.zondervanbiblesearch.com John 3, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23

The greed, the corruption, the evil has constantly been there. From the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Romans, the darkish a while, to Joe Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Mao Zedong, there have been evil, corrupt rulers and governments who've overseen the deaths of hundreds of thousands and hundreds of thousands of human beings. yet evil loves the shadows. that is problematic to suited a incorrect whilst years have surpassed. you may no longer restoration what you don't be attentive to is broken. the place loose speech and a loose press has flourished, so has good and corruption shows it greater good to disguise and take root. the cyber web and communique structures of immediately enable gentle shine in corners of this international that has been shrouded in darkness for hundreds of years. that is no longer dazzling that we discover evil there. Why do you think of international locations like China, and Myanmar, and Iran are frightened of the cyber web? they have lots to disguise. the international isn't as darkish as as evil because it as quickly as became. yet immediately all of us be attentive to lots greater approximately what is going on in places our grandfathers infrequently knew existed. the information media by no potential bought memories printing good information. What we see and be attentive to immediately can scare the pants off of any sane guy or woman. at times- there is definitely one of those ingredient as TMI - too lots guidance

We choose the evil because it is more appealing, more exciting. We don't want the 'homely' stuff - we like to play with fire, because we are so sure we won't get burned. We are so sure we are immortal.

Pride means : we lie, even to ourselves, telling ourselves that we can make our own reality, and our own truth. Independent of God. Scripture says (and Jesus warned - FIVE times in Matt.24) of a great increase in deception in the Last Days.

You get the picture? Yes, actually, we DO think we'll be happier choosing evil, because it doesn't come in the form of evil, it comes all beautiful, and attractive, and promises us more freedoms, which 'being good' don't. Being good is seen as a bind, restricting our freedoms to enjoy ourselves. It's only when we're thoroughly hooked into those evil ways, so we can't get out, that we - maybe - begin to see how bad they really are.

Bit like smoking, really; smokers know what they're doing is liable to kill them, but they're addicted to the habit (in fact, its pleasurable) and they have neither the will nor the strength to get free. So, they reek of nicotine, are short of money because they give it to the tobacco barons and are physically unhealthy. That's sin - and its brainless - but don't tell me it isn't pleasurable.

The corruption in our world? Well, actually, getting more prosperous as a society hasn't given us more real liberty, has it - it's only increased the appetites for more, more. Scripture says 'the horseleach has two daughters - give, and give' (Prov.30:15).

But it's not increased prosperity that has done it, actually, it's increased selfishness, because we, as a society, have cast off all the restraints that the true faith in God ever gave us. Now, society has become thoroughly secularised and 'humanised' and God has been 'airbrushed' out. So, we have had to work out our own morals - 'cherry-picking' a few from religion, and making up a few others more pleasing to us as well - called 'political correctness'. Man-pleasing morals, because we didn't like God's morals very much.

God has stood back and let us go our own way, just so we would see what fruit it brought. For he gave us free wills - and that means we are free to choose either good or evil and, just as God through his Holy Spirit pleads with us, the Evil One is also free to tempt us. Only if we stick close to God and learn from him will we be able to discern which is which.

That's it, in a nutshell. Well, it's the way I see it. Now, we are so far along the road towards total depravity and corruption that some folk are beginning to ask 'What's happened?' People who didn't realise before - when all was well - where the source of their happiness came from.

God has, as it were 'withdrawn his hand' of blessing and protection, because, if we didn't learn to know him under 'the good times'', maybe we will see a little better when - due to our own rebellion - he lets the 'bad things' come in. These are merely consequences of our own choices. We can't blame God for them, because he has never ceased to warn us, but we took no notice and went our own ways.

God puts it very well in Jeremiah, addressed to the wicked ways of the Jews at that time, but applicable also to us:

Jer 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

I know. Everyone wants happiness but they run towards suffering, out of ignorance and bad habits.

I think there should be education for everyone on how to be happy, from birth, and departments set up to facilitate this.

• ?

Oh, how embarrassed I feel! I had answered this question of yours under another category, and had taken you seriously.

How gullible I still seem to be...

Sorry, My Mistake, Miss.

Source(s): Tremendous embarrassment at have bared so my soul for so long due to what I thought a was genuinely inspirational query. Was IT at all, Tiffany?

People sin in disregard to others.

Instead of giving, we take - to make it worse, we steal

Instead of loving, we hate - to make it worse, we kill

Instead of Caring, we ignore

Instead of Agreement, we disagree - to make it worse, we have wars!

People just do it because they don't look around and say 'Hello my fellow human friend who is equal to me in everyway.'

People instead say 'If you give me money, then you are my friend. If you satisfy me, then you are my friend.'

Is any man brave enough to say either of us is wrong? Go and say, and be labelled 'Fool.'

Works of the devil