Random Sweeling Of The Hands...(Help!??)?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
My hands are swelling randomly. This isn't the first time it's happened. It's actually quite common for me but not very often. Either one or both hands get randomly ...show more
Update : The swelling is also painful in swollen hand & unswollen hand but ...show more
Best Answer
This sounds like Raynaud's Phenomenon. It's a vascular condition that causes swelling and discoloration of the extremities. Cold temperatures usually trigger it.

Raynaud's disease is idiopathic, meaning there is no known cause. Raynaud's syndrome, on the other hand, is usually caused by autoimmune diseases such as lupus or multiple sclerosis.

Do you have a family history of any autoimmune diseases? Raynaud's syndrome can sometimes be the first symptom of autoimmune diseases. If you have been feeling a little off (i.e. fatigued) it may be worth a trip to the doctor. You will probably get a referral to a Rheumatologist.

In the mean time, it's nothing to be worried about. It can go along with autoimmune diseases, but not necessarily. To avoid it, make sure you wear gloves to keep your hands warm in cold weather. If you smoke, stop now as smoking can trigger it. When you are having an attack, put your hands in slightly warm (not hot) water and gently massage your fingertips. If you do not have access to warm water, sit on your hands. Sounds silly, but it helps restore warmth to your fingers.

Source:

I suffer from Raynaud's.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• ROse answered 5 years ago
    Certain vegetables like capsicum,Radish , green chilly also gives itching if you cut them .You will be surprise to know the things people are allergic to.from your symptoms it seems that you are allergic to some thing .its a hit & trial method to know you are allergic to what.when ever you get these symptom you should remember every small thing you have touched.if you keep a track you will come to know what is creating this problem.do you wash clothes yourself ? many times washing detergent creates such problems.Whenever you have these symptoms put your hands in ice cold water & apply tooth paste it will give you instant relief.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block