Any ideas for Music Careers?

Hi, i'm in 9th grade, and recently i have finally come out of the "denial" stage of not going to college. Recently,i've been thinking about what i really enjoy, and finally came up with a idea. I really love music, and i would love a career to involve something with music. No, i do not play any instruments, and my singing sounds ok, but nothing that i would like to further in(skill wise). So, are there any colleges that have different courses, such as music producers, Mixers, Record companies, ? Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out :)

Favorite Answer

Berklee College of Music is considered one of the best schools to study the aspects of music and the music industry you seem to be interested in, such as working in the field of jazz, pop, or other forms of contemporary music.

From the Berklee website, "Berklee was founded by Lawrence Berk, an engineer trained at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and veteran arranger with the CBS and NBC radio orchestras, who wanted to teach contemporary music and provide practical career preparation for the working musician.

Through a course of scholarly and practical learning experiences integrating performance and writing, our curriculum covers the variety of influential styles, relevant technologies, and career opportunities open to today's music professional."

However, if you are interested in classical arts, you would want to check out the Bolz Center for Arts Administration through the University of Wisconsin, which has a very good reputation. From their website, "Managers and administrative leaders of arts organizations provide a bridge between art, artists, and audiences. They combine the tools of business—management, marketing, financial accounting, operations, negotiation—with the tools of community-building—fundraising, development, education, outreach, volunteerism, partnership—to make thriving and vital spaces for arts and culture"

I know that Columbia College has a lot of classes that have to do with fine arts programs. I'm not one hundred percent sure what class they have but you might want to check that out.