can someone explain to me what this political cartoon means?

Favorite Answer

Afghanistan is perceived in this cartoon as primitive and vulgar....

Not too far from the truth, probably.

Warlords, opium fields, Taliban, and HUGE mountains, to boot.

Sounds more like a video game than a real place.

My take is that is trying to show the difficulty of dealing with a culture stuck in the 12th century. Their whole world view is out of sync with the modern world. Shorter version; it is a pretty impossible task.

It refers to the futility of getting Muslims to move out of the 12th century to modern times.

winning in Afghanistan means dragging the Afghan people kicking and screaming into the modern world... a plan that seems about as realistic as time travel.

this is a foul political parody on many levels. you will be able to desire to assert that the turkeys characterize the classes they have categorized themselves (as rotten classes) or you will be able to desire to think of the turkeys have arise with an concept which will forestall them from getting shrink. The funniest section, to me, is they are surprising--none of those classes gets shrink.

i think it means that to win the war we need the support of all the afgans and to do that we need to bring the mainstream culture of the country into a less traditional manner

Sorry, no

Maybe there is an article with it?

I don't get it either