Native French Speakers Aidez-moi s'il vous plait?

The prompt was: Ecrivez un petit paragraphe, parlant des choses que tu voulais faire cet ete, mais helas tu ne les a pas faire. Pourqoi pas? Could a native french speaker please translate this? I wish the summer wouldn't have gone by so fast. I got to do everything I wanted to, however the only thing... show more The prompt was:

Ecrivez un petit paragraphe, parlant des choses que tu voulais faire cet ete, mais helas tu ne les a pas faire. Pourqoi pas?

Could a native french speaker please translate this?

I wish the summer wouldn't have gone by so fast. I got to do everything I wanted to, however the only thing I would have liked to be different was to be able to spend more time with my boyfriend. He left for military basic training 2 months ago and has 4 months left until he returns. I was only given this life because I am strong enough to live it. I now realize that the militay is what I want to do with my life. Becoming a combat medic in the U.S Army is what my future holds.