Randy asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Are the government spying on us through the built-in web-cams on our laptops?

A question fueled by paranoia lol. But why start building webcams into pretty much every laptop when not everyone wants one? Surely its up to the user to purchase one if they wanted one? Hmmmm!! I smell a rat... oh wait, haven't showered for a while :P

Favorite Answer

no, but (and your question is so much deeper than you imagined) the government does spy on you but through tracking every place you go on the web . everything you go to is watched every thing you print has a fingerprint like a ballistic , like on bullets. in fact many child porn criminals are being apprehended on a daily basis due to the tracking of their every move their computers are seized as Evidence . which all this is fine and dandy but the rest of us normal people we are watched also, certain words you type certain websites you visit could alert them to watch you a bit closer than others. its a scary thing to know the truth about our government and all the things they ARE doing , that they are spying on you should be the least of your worries.if you want to find facts about the government and how much they are really doing, go to a place called infowars.com it will show you the exact answer to your question actually and so much more. watch some of their video clips. also 2 movies i suggest you watch that will so much open your eyes to this...LOOSE CHANGE, a movie on 9-11 , and ZEITGEIST. both are really factual movies on your topic.

Source(s): infowars.com

2

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?VdLu

Because everyone is looking for the next best idea. "Why make someone go out and buy this if we can attract more customers if we add this already built in". I don't think the government gives a **** what the average Joe does on his computer.. they sure don't care about anything else.

No. that is BS. If my webcam have been spying on me, it may ought to apply up a number of my computer's processor time and community bandwidth, and it is not. Plus, there's a splash gentle beside it that is going on whilst that is working, and many times it is not on.

• mico

Why would private companies let the government dictate their business practice?

Also staring at a person staring at their screen for hours on end does sound like an interesting government job to me! Where do I sign up?

(5000 people to watch millions?)

• John h

no, to much info it would take a room of 5000 people to watch them all.

lol all of you were wrong...nsa is spying on everything. Chumps.